Honda Grom banner

This is the Super Grom!!

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SS1 
#1 ·
What do you guys think? 14+ hp out if the box, 75mph top speed, only 275 lbs, 100 mpg. No muss, no fuss, just hop on and go! I wanted a Grom, but needed just a bit more ... So here it is!!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Congratulations on the new bike! I hope you have a lot of fun and that it brings you miles and miles of smiles.

But I think you may have missed the whole point of a Grom. Did you actually ride both bikes? For me personally, the Grom is great BECAUSE it's small. The tiny wheels make it feel like a toy. If I want to go fast or ride out to the coast, I have another bike parked in the garage that currently makes over 130 HP and goes from 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds.

The Grom is great because of what it IS. It doesn't need to be anything else.

#8 · (Edited)
Yea, thanks guys, shoulda known better than to post here LOL!! Some of you may be right, maybe not a fair comparison, but at least an option for folks who appreciate the "light motorcycle" concept.

The "Super Grom" tag was given to this bike (which is a CRF230M for those who asked) because it isabout actually quite small, light , maneuverable, and fun, with many Grom virtues with about a 50% increase in hp and torque stock over a stock Grom.

I was was reading posts here about freeway cruising and top speeds, and realized that this might be the answer if you want just one bike, but want a small , fun bike with just a bit more "suds". I really like the Grom concept, but wish they would make it at available in larger displacement version- at least a 150 or a 200cc version, to make it more versatile and legal on highways and on freeways. Freeways aren't always fun, but when I ride, I don't like to have that fear/intimidation/avoidance factor always with me every time I see a high speed highway or freeway. You know what I mean?

Anyway, this bike could be the next logical step for someone looking for the same thing that I was! I think that it is great that some of you ride on highways and freeways!! The CRF 230 isn't perfect, but it has enough beans (just enough) to be ok on freeways, and everywhere else, including off-road (since it has the merits of both decent ground clearance and low seat height.) Hopefully someone may find this helpful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.