Hi from Connecticut thinking of buying a grom!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Hi from Connecticut thinking of buying a grom! within the Introductions forums, part of the Honda Grom News category; Hello everyone, im avner and I haven't had a bike in almost 3 years. My last bike was a Honda shadow 750 and a big ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hi from Connecticut thinking of buying a grom!

This user has no status.

Member #

Hello everyone,

im avner and I haven't had a bike in almost 3 years. My last bike was a Honda shadow 750 and a big reason why I like the grom is because of its size. in order to get into my garage I have to ride up a steep drive way between two cars with just enough room to get through(if I'm lucky). Getting the shadow in the garage was always a task and many of times I had to go move a car because I couldn't fit through. The grom is narrow and light which is perfect for me. I also don't want to take up the whole garage like my shadow did. the engine size doesn't bother me much, as most of my driving is on local roads. My only hesitation is that for an extra $800 I can get the cb300f. Has the grom met your expectations? Did you wish you went with the cbr250 or cb300?

is Odometer: 2571

Member #
    The purpose of the GROM is to be a small monkey bike. Comparing it with a full size bike isn't fair: they're apples and oranges. I went with the Grom because it's light, cheap to run, and fun to drive. You can drive it on the ragged edge the whole time at 90 to 100 percent throttle. (Most people) can't do that with a full size sport bike.

Most importantly, the decision is yours. Go to the showroom and drive both of them and see what you like better. Buy what makes you happy.

This user has no status.

Member #
    You will spend more for the Grom, trying to make it faster.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    i think I'm leaning towards the grom more. It just looks like so much fun! I have to wait to go to the showroom, the dealer is closed until January 5. The only mods I would to right away are free/cheap mods and if used parts go up for sale. I have no idea if they have either bikes though. They don't list new inventory.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I bought my Grom thinking I would ride it from time to time and run short errands on it. Fact is, I ride it every day there isn't ice on the road and the temp is above 25 degrees. My commute to work is 10 miles one way and I ride through town so I works just fine since the fastest I can legally drive is 50 mph. That being said, I am looking to purchase another, much more powerful, street legal bike at the end of the month...

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have rarely ever went over 50mph on my bike. My job is a mile away and my school is around 7 miles away. My average speed is 35-45 mph. Literally 98% of my driving is on local roads.

This user has no status.

Member #
    we got our groms mainly for commuting purposes. in my opinion, i couldn't ask for anything better to get around the city. it's small and nimble to get around traffic and is great on gas...even with mods. we enjoy the grom so much, we take it for rides over the weekend to relax. the grom may be a good choice for you as it appears it will used mainly for commuting short distances.
    quaker495 likes this.

Platinum Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Welcome aboard...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Iv been riding bikes for 30 odd years now.. I love my grom for what it is.. If your using it for local commutes and don't want to go much over 100 kph then it's a great little bike.. After iv ridden big bikes for the day i get on the grom is such easy work.. plus I'd buy a grom just to look at.. I love looking at it.. They say if you can buy a bike and not look back while walking away from it you've bought the wrong bike.. i own a few bikes and I look back at the grom allot more than most of the other bikes...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for all your input guys. I went to the dealer today and unfortunately they didn't have any groms(figured they wouldn't).I spotted the new Honda cb300f and to be honest I wasn't crazy about it. The seat wasn't very comfortable and the seat height felt higher than the 30.7(I think that's right). I'm short at only 5' 7. Next to it was a yamaha fz07 and just for fun I sat on it. Oh my god! I love that bike! It felt so lightweight and the seat was really comfy. the riding position is by far the most comfortable I have sat on. I was surprised to find out that the seat height is 31" and change. It didn't feel like it at all. You can't beat the price either at $6999. I did a quick search and I found another dealer listing one for $6299. After I left and was done daydreaming about the fz07, I told myself I'll check out the Suzuki gw250 because they are practically giving them away because of the cb300f release. I wish I could see the grom in person because I really don't like buying things without testing them out. If I end up not getting a grom, It will definitely be at the top of my list for a secondary bike when they start selling used ones for a couple thousand. I will keep you guys posted on what I decide on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links