Chassis Bolt Stuck!!!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Chassis Bolt Stuck!!!

This is a discussion on Chassis Bolt Stuck!!! within the Introductions forums, part of the Honda Grom News category; Hey fellow grommers! So I bought a Yoshi exhaust system recently and upon trying to unscrew the hex bolt holding the stock exhaust system to ...

Thread: Chassis Bolt Stuck!!!

This user has no status.

Member #

Chassis Bolt Stuck!!!

Hey fellow grommers!
    So I bought a Yoshi exhaust system recently and upon trying to unscrew the hex bolt holding the stock exhaust system to the chassis of the bike (left side bolt), it has become rounded and a regular socket wrench won’t hold anymore.
    I’ve tried using WD-40, I’ve tried heating the bolt up, I’ve even tried using a vice grip to get ahold of it but instead of the bolt moving, I moved the entire fucking bike! Needless to say, it appears Honda screwed this last bolt with the might of Zeus.
    Anyone run into a similar issue when removing the stock exhaust? If so, what tips do you have for getting the bolt out?
    Thanks and ride safe!solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/
    Last edited by elysse77; Yesterday at 01:14 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #

Cool

Well, use a penetrate spray like PB blaster,Not a water displacer (WD40), I have a 2020 and like you said both of my rear bolts were so tight I had to use a 1/2 ' impact, when I tried to use a breaker bar I would move the entire bike ,almost coming off the swing arm stand, funny that other bolts were not that tight, there was lock tight on both of the rear bolts, good luck, is the bolt head stripped or did the tool strip? use a good tool, try heat on the head of the bolt,

is zipzip

Member #
    Odometer
    Welcome bud

Sponsored Links