New Grom Owner from Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on New Grom Owner from Dallas/Ft Worth, TX within the Introductions forums, part of the Honda Grom News category; Hello, new owner of a '20 Grom. I've always been intrigued with these small pit-bike-like machines and I finally jumped the gun on a brand ...

Thread: New Grom Owner from Dallas/Ft Worth, TX

This user has no status.

Member #

Hello, new owner of a '20 Grom. I've always been intrigued with these small pit-bike-like machines and I finally jumped the gun on a brand new one. So far I'm happy with the purchase and I am lookin forward to modding it soon. Cheers.

Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Grom Owner from Dallas/Ft Worth, TX-img_0009.jpg  

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Usually the seat goes first.

Read a lot of post before buying, you might learn something, save some money and buying only the things that work.

Make sure you break in the engine about 700 miles before doing any real engine work, BBK kit, bigger F/I, throttle body, cam etc.

Congrats and ride it like you stole it but ride safe
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 10-06-2019 at 10:27 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    Usually the seat goes first.

Read a lot of post before buying, you might learn something, save some money and buying only the things that work.

Make sure you break in the engine about 700 miles before doing any real engine work, BBK kit, bigger F/I, throttle body, cam etc.

Congrats and ride it like you stole it but ride safe
    Thanks for the input! I've been reading up quite a bit and I'm looking to do the following:

1) Yoshi RS2 Full Exhaust
    2) Chimera Intake
    3) TB Cam
    4) ECU Reflash/Tune (from DHMotoring)
    5) 14t front sprocket

The goal is to easily (as in not struggle) hit 70+mph. The Grom will be ridden primarily by my gf. She and I want to hit up some nice country back roads that have a good 65-70mph speed limit and I don't want her to not be able to keep up.

As of right now, the Grom isn't broken in yet as it's still under 200 miles on the odo, but once I hit 1k miles, I'll start modding. From what I've read, the aforementioned list of mods should increase the top speed slightly. I understand the "YMMV" caveat but I'm remaining hopeful! Cheers.

P.S. I miss the Bay. Are you on BARF?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is zipzip

Member #
    Odometer
    Welcome to the forum
    ★ Signature: Motorized Hide Plate & Universal Fender Eliminator by: 007Plate.com

Sponsored Links