Is this Grom for sale a good price?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Is this Grom for sale a good price? within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Hi, New here and new to bikes in general, recently got my CBT and looking for a Grom as my first bike. I noticed this ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Goon Rides

Thread: Is this Grom for sale a good price?

This user has no status.

Member #

Hi,

New here and new to bikes in general, recently got my CBT and looking for a Grom as my first bike. I noticed this on eBay but it seems to be more then a brand new one from Honda? Is this worth going to see?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Msx...5/303364279502

Thanks, James.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    That bike has a lot of aftermarket parts, looks like he is trying to earn some of his money back. You could not buy a new bike from honda and those parts for that price. But then again that bike isn't new.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Looking at the pic there are some upgrades and such, diff wheels, yosh exhaust system, so it looks like a good deal, but for the price and a little more I would get the KTM 390 Duke in the years 2017-2019 because it has more HP about 40hp+ and it is water cooled, six speed transmission and it's a great bike as a first bike.

Not knowing your height, weight and such the grom is more a great all around go to bike for going to school/college, beer-store run, and it will get you at the place you need to go at a average range of 130mpg so saving gas money is your goal than the grom is the bike for you.

Good luck on your choice

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Hello James.
    Indeed,the price is high for an almost 4 year old bike,and modified to someone's else's taste,and doesn't look like they are offering the standard parts with it, mainly the wheels/discs/exhaust,but I'll agree with the previous comment about the bikes total outlay.
    In contrast we just purchased a standard 2016 Grom locally with 3.5k for just under 2k,with I was able to fit the OG taga system onto.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this Grom for sale a good price?-img_20191019_130209_1574007413642.jpg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the help
    Just to clarify, i definitely want a Grom, even after a brief test ride, i love it... such a fun little bike. Plan is to obviously do my direct access and get a bigger bike in the summer but il still keep the Grom for short trips.
    @cozi, cheers, i wasn't sure as the seller says it's got £3k in parts so thought maybe i would save a bit of money buying an already "well" modified Grom. I will keep looking, definitely want white though!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    If it has to be white.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283655906044
    Highish miles OG model bargain

Low miles modified SF model
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153713813326

is in the garage

Member #
    Odometer
    That's a little salty even with those modifications. That's a main dealer price. Out of the list of modifications, only really the suspension is what I'd be interested in and even that doesn't relate to the price in my eyes. And I hope you take this the right way but if its you're first bike you don't need this yet. Get a bike, any bike, and ride it, you need time in the saddle over any modifications. I also don't think that the Grom is the right first bike, but I'm not going to try and change your mind on that as the Grom is a cracking bike and that's why I have one.

The first one that cozi70 posted looks reasonable provided you get the stock wheels with it as I'm not sure how good those aftermarket ones are. Its got good tyres a couple of reasonable mods, so check out its service history. Oh and white is the fastest colour...

This user has no status.

Member #
    For that price, I'd get new. Yes, it has parts, and yes it has hella mods, but it shouldn't be close to MSRP (or even more). I personally look for used bikes with mods, but maybe you don't like that. Keep searchin, I'd pass on that one.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi everyone, thanks for the help. I have decided against the Grom in general now, had a go on a friends R1 and i can't describe in words how good it was. Insurance quotes are reasonable for an R6, i have started my direct access this week so fingers crossed, il have an R6 in a month or two, bit pointless in this weather but il keep it stored in a warm garage till spring.
    Again, thanks for everyone's input, really appreciate it.
    James.

This user has no status.

Member #
    plot twist

Sponsored Links