Swingarm Shaft is Stuck. - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Swingarm Shaft is Stuck.

This is a discussion on Swingarm Shaft is Stuck. within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by S1930 You probably need two or three people to move parts around while trying to pull out the screwdriver. I would have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Swingarm Shaft is Stuck.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by S1930 View Post
    You probably need two or three people to move parts around while trying to pull out the screwdriver. I would have one person move the swing arm up and down while someone else holds the bike (keep from swinging), and another person to pull on the screwdriver. You might need to vice grip the screwdriver to have leverage on it. At this point, a "bigger hammer" might be needed to get the screwdriver out.
    Yeah I think that's what I'll do, but at the same time don't want the handle to snap off, that'll create a bigger problem haha

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Goon Rides View Post
    Yeah I think that's what I'll do, but at the same time don't want the handle to snap off, that'll create a bigger problem haha
    Well, if that handle snaps off, you could have someone weld a giant bar to the metal part of the screwdriver and then really get some leverage to pull it out. It may take something like that if moving things around at the same time doesn't work. Good luck.

is is installing a crank and 5
    speed

Member #
    Please don't tear into the engine until you've read the Service Manual! This makes me nervous.

Get a rear stand, and use a jack under the engine to relieve any downward force on the swingarm. Only when ALL of the force is relieved will the screwdriver come out.
    2015 Grom
    Koso 4V | Aracer AF1, DG1, MiniPlus2 | Kitaco Crank | Takegawa 5 Speed
    Kitaco CCT | Takegawa Oil Pump & 4th bearing | GF Billet Cam Cover
    34mm TB | MP Rev2 | PT CR High | Renthal Clamps
    Kitaco Clutch Cover & Oil Cooler | GF Speed Spacers
    Brembo 4P & P34 | BRAKING Rotors | Galfer SS Lines
    Driven TT Rearsets | OTB V2 Adjusters | MNNTHBX Swingarm Bushings
    RacingBrothers Sus. | Hindle High Mount | Saddlemen Seat | 428 conv. 15/36
    Mitas MC35S 100/120 | Gcraft Linear Damper Setup

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by S1930 View Post
    Well, if that handle snaps off, you could have someone weld a giant bar to the metal part of the screwdriver and then really get some leverage to pull it out. It may take something like that if moving things around at the same time doesn't work. Good luck.
    I don't have a welder nor do I have a truck, that would be a pain haha

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OpusNectar View Post
    Please don't tear into the engine until you've read the Service Manual! This makes me nervous.

Get a rear stand, and use a jack under the engine to relieve any downward force on the swingarm. Only when ALL of the force is relieved will the screwdriver come out.
    Don't worry, my homie is helping me with the clutch. But first I gotta get the bike working to ride to him lol

This user has no status.

Member #
    🙂

is Puttng the N.W.

Member #
    Yeah This removal is a real bear! On my Vader 125. I bottomed out a standard large drift pin and was think of anyway to continue. Found a 3/8" all thread that I ground away most of the threads so not to mar the inner bearing. Yes; all weight has to be off the swing arm. Take it slow.. I started marking the swing arm bolt so I could tell when progress was being made... You can feel/tell when you making progress. Heavy enough hammer so its impact jars/moves the bolt..
    You now know that these suckers need a bit of grease on the install.. Mine is still good but was looking to replace if need.. Under $20.00 on ebay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swingarm Shaft is Stuck.-20191130_141600.jpg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    So I gave up after trying EVERYTHING. I took it to a mechanic's shop and even they had trouble taking it off (they had like 4 guys working on it at the same time)... they finally took it out and that shaft was bent to hell and back. The threads were also shot in multiple areas, and the screwdriver came out in 2 pieces. It was cheaper than the sledgehammer and crowbar I bought lol, best $10 I have ever spent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links