Clutch Stiffer Springs
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Clutch Stiffer Springs

This is a discussion on Clutch Stiffer Springs within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Hey! I heard people put 3 stiffer springs, and leave 3 stock springs in their grom... they also change the lifter plate itself. Now how ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Clutch Stiffer Springs

  1. #1
    Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    29814
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    76

    Clutch Stiffer Springs

    Hey! I heard people put 3 stiffer springs, and leave 3 stock springs in their grom... they also change the lifter plate itself. Now how come they don't change all 6 springs? Idk which one to do. I want to "stunt" on it (wheelies). Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom
     
    dubSolo's Avatar
    Member #
    27817
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    6,661
    Posts
    799
    Considering your build do all 6, go with smr (sex machine racing)

    Most go this route after doing the 3 and 3... So save the time and headache

    YES on after market lifter plate as well, but stay away from Koso brand alot of people report having fitment issue.... ALOT!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    is Living the Dream
     

    Member #
    457
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    San Jose Calif
    Posts
    8,215
    sex machine clutch kit is what I have with RPM CNC clutch plate.

    one of the best 2 product to keep your grom happy

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    31576
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    122
    I have a hard racing one that doesn't work.

  6. #5
    Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    29814
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by dubSolo View Post
    Considering your build do all 6, go with smr (sex machine racing)

    Most go this route after doing the 3 and 3... So save the time and headache

    YES on after market lifter plate as well, but stay away from Koso brand alot of people report having fitment issue.... ALOT!
    the thing is... why? Why do they do 3? do they not want it to be THAT stiff?


    Also I want to do the clutch plates too (My clutch works at the last mm, so I'm thinking if I put new plates in, it might might might engage quicker. I already tried adjusting the perch.) How are the EBC clutch plates + springs?? It's a full kit for $111 haha. Good or nah? Should I buy it together or seperate (buy SMR)?

  7. #6
    Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    29814
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    sex machine clutch kit is what I have with RPM CNC clutch plate.

    one of the best 2 product to keep your grom happy
    Do you like the clutch kit? Bc I also want to change the clutch plates too... I was thinkin EBC

  8. #7
    Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    29814
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    sex machine clutch kit is what I have with RPM CNC clutch plate.

    one of the best 2 product to keep your grom happy
    Link to the RPM Clutch Plate?

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom
     
    dubSolo's Avatar
    Member #
    27817
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    6,661
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Goon Rides View Post
    Link to the RPM Clutch Plate?
    https://www.steadygarage.com/store/s...rom-monkey-125

    Quote Originally Posted by Goon Rides View Post
    Do you like the clutch kit? Bc I also want to change the clutch plates too... I was thinkin EBC
    Fuck EBC! lol SIX plate weather its SMR or extra steel in clutch basket mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Goon Rides View Post
    the thing is... why? Why do they do 3? do they not want it to be THAT stiff?


    Also I want to do the clutch plates too (My clutch works at the last mm, so I'm thinking if I put new plates in, it might might might engage quicker. I already tried adjusting the perch.) How are the EBC clutch plates + springs?? It's a full kit for $111 haha. Good or nah? Should I buy it together or seperate (buy SMR)?
    Stiffer springs less slip more grab (YEEET wheelies all day).... SMR 6plate make it feel like a real clutch,,, IMO
    Last edited by dubSolo; 11-06-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Super!Stock 2018 DSR Honda Grom

    Dhm Custom Hi Comp Piston
    Dhm Race Ported Cylinder Hd
    Dhm Velocity Intake Dcr2 Cam
    Stock Ported TB Hindle Exhaust
    Lightend Flywheel and Oil spinner
    Takgawa Crank Support 4th Bearing
    Takgawa Hi Ign Coil w/NGK Cable
    Takgawa Hi Flw Oil Pump w/Opmid
    Clutch Plate Mod w/SMR Springs
    Galfer Disk Wave Rotors and pads
    SpeedLinez Brake Lines w/Short Levers
    Ohlin Fork Springs Ohlin HO 424 Rear Shock
    GFz Billet: Vented Cam Cvr, Spd Spacers, Hdr Gasket

  10. #9
    Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    29814
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by dubSolo View Post
    https://www.steadygarage.com/store/s...rom-monkey-125


    Fuck EBC! lol SIX plate weather its SMR or extra steel in clutch basket mod



    Stiffer springs less slip more grab (YEEET wheelies all day).... SMR 6plate make it feel like a real clutch,,, IMO
    I meant the CNC Lifter Plate lol

  11. #10
    Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    29814
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    76
    But you're right... that's what I'll get

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •