Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Doing a full stunt setup on the Honda grom. Going to get some pro tapers soon, you guys wanna send me some links to levers ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup

This user has no status.

Member #

Doing a full stunt setup on the Honda grom. Going to get some pro tapers soon, you guys wanna send me some links to levers that you prefer for stunt riding? Thanks for all suggestions guys, looking at some branded “mzs” on amazon. Thoughts?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    MZS levers are garbage. They are fragile and also they have tons of slop.

Are you going with a dedicated caliper for the hand brake or using a valve and the stock caliper? If you do a dedicated caliper, like you should, then you're going to need a lever with a master cylinder. The best is the Magura HC1.
    Last edited by 50-50; 10-21-2019 at 10:58 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    MZS levers are garbage. They are fragile and also they have tons of slop.

Are you going with a dedicated caliper for the hand brake or using a valve and the stock caliper? If you do a dedicated caliper, like you should, then you're going to need a lever with a master cylinder. The best is the Magura HC1.
    Thanks... u saved me from a bad purchase. So... I wanted to tap into the rear caliper to save money. You seem opposed. Why is that? Also I just want to do the clutch and brake for now, I will need to add a lever for the rear brake as well though. So basically I need three levers total on the end setup. What would you suggest for all three. Lol. Thanks again. You have no clue
    50-50 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbproducts View Post
    Thanks... u saved me from a bad purchase. So... I wanted to tap into the rear caliper to save money. You seem opposed. Why is that? Also I just want to do the clutch and brake for now, I will need to add a lever for the rear brake as well though. So basically I need three levers total on the end setup. What would you suggest for all three. Lol. Thanks again. You have no clue
    I'm also just getting into looking into the stunt parts thing so I don't have too much advice to offer. After talking to people in person and doing a lot of research online most people aren't happy with tapping into the stock caliper.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Don't bother getting a clutch lever for the stock perch. Get a one finger easy clutch. RSC makes a nice one but there's cheaper ones out there. Don't get a junction valve, they leak. They're only held on with one bolt and they will flex with the pressure.
    50-50 and phillybuilt like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Don't bother getting a clutch lever for the stock perch. Get a one finger easy clutch. RSC makes a nice one but there's cheaper ones out there. Don't get a junction valve, they leak. They're only held on with one bolt and they will flex with the pressure.
    That sounds great for easier clutching it up!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the advice. Could you clarify on that a little? I’m not sure what the stock perch refers to as well as one finger easy clutch (looking into that right now) did u give me advice on the lever or both the lever and rear hand brake? Noob sorry ha.
    Thanks again.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Is their the lever u meant “they call it the shorty”? Otherwise I’m lost ha. Also will I need any adapters or perch spacers? I should mention I’m installing 1-1/8” pro tapers I should mention Incase that’s an issue. Pic attached below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup-9d2070d9-5943-430a-8c03-806e53339c8c_1571955560507.png  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yeah, that's the one. You could search on ebay or amazon for easy pull clutch lever if you don't want to spend that much. You don't need the perch spacer or adapter for the grom.

I had a handbrake junction valve adapter on my old pit bike. It leaked from the beginning. I tried putting a hose clamp on it and encasing it in epoxy putty but it didn't work.
    Last edited by noob; 10-25-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    S1930 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yeah, that's the one. You could search on ebay or amazon for easy pull clutch lever if you don't want to spend that much. You don't need the perch spacer or adapter for the grom.

I had a handbrake junction valve adapter on my old pit bike. It leaked from the beginning. I tried putting a hose clamp on it and encasing it in epoxy putty but it didn't work.
    Thanks for the heads up... balls. So what separate rotor, and caliper? Fml. Idk where to begin haha.
    Also I’ll probably check out eBay for cheaper short levers and come back here to post he screenshot to make sure I’m not buying some junk if that’s cool with you lol. Thank you 🙏

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links