Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup

This is a discussion on Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by Sbproducts The front brake lever ok to cheap on? LOL. Um, it is like 75% of your stopping power (100% for some ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbproducts View Post
    The front brake lever ok to cheap on?
    LOL. Um, it is like 75% of your stopping power (100% for some people). You don't want to mess that up with a cheap brake lever that binds/breaks/flops/mushy. 60 mph with a jacked up front brake is no bueno.
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by S1930 View Post
    The front brake lever ok to cheap on?
    LOL. Um, it is like 75% of your stopping power (100% for some people). You don't want to mess that up with a cheap brake lever that binds/breaks/flops/mushy. 60 mph with a jacked up front brake is no bueno.
    Does rsc make a brake lever in addition to the clutch lever? I don’t see it on thesicshop.com

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Does rsc make a brake lever in addition to the clutch lever? I don’t see it on thesicshop.com
    It doesn't appear that they do: https://righteousstuntmetal.com/domestic/store.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by S1930 View Post
    Usually stock dirt bike levers will bend the first time you crash and then break the second time. I haven't dropped the grom yet, I'm not a hardcore stunter, just a guy who likes to do wheelies. Putting a chinese lever on your bike might cause instant death, probably not though.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Usually stock dirt bike levers will bend the first time you crash and then break the second time. I haven't dropped the grom yet, I'm not a hardcore stunter, just a guy who likes to do wheelies. Putting a chinese lever on your bike might cause instant death, probably not though.
    Sportbike Track Gear has a good video about a defective MSZ lever that would have caused and accident and maybe a death. Check it out.

Why rely on cheap shit for brakes? It makes no sense.
    phillybuilt likes this.

is doing grom things

Member #
    Recommend a cheap 1 finger on the front brake by chance? I don’t wanna be replacing stock levers all the time learning haha. I’m going with rsc or whatever lever for the clutch. The front brake lever ok to cheap on?
    Move your controls in far enough that the bars take the hit first. The stock lever will probably take more hits than some Ebay ones. Put a subcage and axle sliders on it also. Be worried about some crash protection then go ride it. One thing you'll learn is that there's no right one right way to build a stunt bike. You're gonna drop it, shits gonna get bent, broken, etc. Plan on buying a few more sets of those bars because they will get smashed and bent eventually.

I understand that you wanna build it the right way but honestly you need to make sure the bike can live in a wheelie and take a hit.... everything else is secondary. And what I mean by that, make sure it doesn't starve of oil (oil pump mod) and make sure you can pick it back up and ride away after you fling it across the parking lot.

Not a matter of if you hit the pavement, but rather when you do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

is doing grom things

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Especially when stunting requires a ton of brake use...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Sportbike Track Gear has a good video about a defective MSZ lever that would have caused and accident and maybe a death. Check it out.

I think that bike has a radial master cylinder. I'm not sure if you would have that problem on a grom.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybuilt View Post
    Especially when stunting requires a ton of brake use...

And your life depends on them.

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I think that bike has a radial master cylinder. I'm not sure if you would have that problem on a grom.
    Junk companies make junk. The MSZ levers are known for having a lot of slip on the Grom and I'm sure they don't QC well enough to stop defects like that on the Grom.

Hell, if your life is only worth $30 then hit up Amazon for the junk and they'll ensure you can be risking your life in only 2 days!

This user has no status.

Member #
    The rectangle lid type of master cylinders don't have that rotating piece inside the lever.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links