Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup

This is a discussion on Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by noob Yeah, that's the one. You could search on ebay or amazon for easy pull clutch lever if you don't want to ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Yeah, that's the one. You could search on ebay or amazon for easy pull clutch lever if you don't want to spend that much. You don't need the perch spacer or adapter for the grom.

I had a handbrake junction valve adapter on my old pit bike. It leaked from the beginning. I tried putting a hose clamp on it and encasing it in epoxy putty but it didn't work.
    Providing attachment below. Would that be suitable? Also is it worth saving the money over the more expensive option? Pretty easy install id assume?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup-490c8f0a-cdb3-4ce8-b8cf-602696f79553_1572018783871.jpeg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    They all look like trash haha. Scratch that eBay one. How about these from amazon. They sell them in singles so they’re about 65 for the pair. Pic below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clutch/brake levers for grom STUNT setup-c11cbbce-3c30-40ac-80fc-ee8411c2cee5_1572020391770.jpeg  

is doing grom things

Member #
    Forget all those knockoff brands. Support the guys who actually came up with the product... RSC. Pay a little more, get a much better product. Lifetime warranty too. Even if you crash and break it. That's priceless for a beginner. You WILL crash stunt riding, a lot. I speak from experience...

If you really want a handbrake, get a dual caliper bracket. Perfect Stranger Designs makes a nice one. Allows you to bolt on a P32 or P34 caliper in addition to your stock foot brake caliper. Then the two are fully independent of each other. Much safer design. I have a junction valve that came with a CBR600RR, and I'm scared to even bolt it on a quad.

As far as the brake lever, you will break those too. Get a couple stock ones.

Also, necessary parts for stunt riding a Grom: stunt oil pump, 60% stiffer clutch springs, and a billet clutch plate. Cage and subcage are optional but recommended. A wider set of Pro Taper handlebars will also help to keep the bike in one piece in event of a crash, as well as give you more stability overall. At first, air your back tire to about 8-10 psi, and learn in a parking lot if you can.

Wheelies are a lot of fun once you get it down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    50-50 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    A 1 finger lever usually won't hit the ground in a crash but I guess it can happen.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Stock brake levers? Don’t recommend getting something smaller and cheap? Lol.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybuilt View Post
    Forget all those knockoff brands. Support the guys who actually came up with the product... RSC. Pay a little more, get a much better product. Lifetime warranty too. Even if you crash and break it. That's priceless for a beginner. You WILL crash stunt riding, a lot. I speak from experience...

If you really want a handbrake, get a dual caliper bracket. Perfect Stranger Designs makes a nice one. Allows you to bolt on a P32 or P34 caliper in addition to your stock foot brake caliper. Then the two are fully independent of each other. Much safer design. I have a junction valve that came with a CBR600RR, and I'm scared to even bolt it on a quad.

As far as the brake lever, you will break those too. Get a couple stock ones.

Also, necessary parts for stunt riding a Grom: stunt oil pump, 60% stiffer clutch springs, and a billet clutch plate. Cage and subcage are optional but recommended. A wider set of Pro Taper handlebars will also help to keep the bike in one piece in event of a crash, as well as give you more stability overall. At first, air your back tire to about 8-10 psi, and learn in a parking lot if you can.

Wheelies are a lot of fun once you get it down.

Stock brake levers? Don’t recommend getting something smaller and cheap?

is doing grom things

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbproducts View Post
    I think the stock brake lever is perfectly fine. And it's cheap to replace.

As far as the handbrake levers that come with the Magura or Brembo master cylinders, the levers are also perfectly fine.

If you really want to stunt the bike, put money towards the oil pump, clutch springs and plate. You will need all 3 to reliably wheelie without hurting the engine.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybuilt View Post
    I think the stock brake lever is perfectly fine. And it's cheap to replace.

As far as the handbrake levers that come with the Magura or Brembo master cylinders, the levers are also perfectly fine.

If you really want to stunt the bike, put money towards the oil pump, clutch springs and plate. You will need all 3 to reliably wheelie without hurting the engine.

I have all three. Jus waiting for my stock clutch to go since it’s slipping before I do an oil change and install everything. Been messing with drifts instead of wheelies for time being. And what come with the master cylinders? Can I get just the lever for handbrake? Maybe I’ll just go stock like you suggest

is doing grom things

Member #
    I have all three. Jus waiting for my stock clutch to go since it’s slipping before I do an oil change and install everything. Been messing with drifts instead of wheelies for time being. And what come with the master cylinders? Can I get just the lever for handbrake? Maybe I’ll just go stock like you suggest
    The brembo and magura master cylinders come with nice adjustable levers to begin with.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    A 1 finger lever usually won't hit the ground in a crash but I guess it can happen.
    Recommend a cheap 1 finger on the front brake by chance? I don’t wanna be replacing stock levers all the time learning haha. I’m going with rsc or whatever lever for the clutch. The front brake lever ok to cheap on?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links