took a ride from San Jose to SF fisherman's wharf to check out Blue Angles week
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on took a ride from San Jose to SF fisherman's wharf to check out Blue Angles week within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Nice ride no problem Cabled and locked up at the Wharf the Zumwalt war ship was in town Coming home stopped by the Amsoil store ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CiscoSanJose

Thread: took a ride from San Jose to SF fisherman's wharf to check out Blue Angles week

is Living the Dream

Member #

Nice ride no problem

Cabled and locked up at the Wharf
    took a ride from San Jose to SF fisherman's wharf to check out Blue Angles week-img_1993-copy-3.jpg

took a ride from San Jose to SF fisherman's wharf to check out Blue Angles week-img_1994-copy-2.jpg

the Zumwalt war ship was in town
    took a ride from San Jose to SF fisherman's wharf to check out Blue Angles week-img_1996-copy-2.jpg

Coming home stopped by the Amsoil store and got a gal of motorcycle 10/40 oil full synthetic. Found the outlet store on the El Camino in Redwood city.

MRS
    This user has no status.

Member #
    What route did you take?

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MRS View Post
    What route did you take?
    I use to take Hwy 101 all the way but since this is a new engine with under 400 miles break in I took EL Camino all the way to Mission than I crossed South San Francisco into the city. I was splitting lanes all the way till I got to Fisherman's wharf MC parking.

My old route was taking EL Camino to Mission than took the side roads till I got to the back side of San Francisco and headed down the street to the new Chase stadium and crossed to SF baseball field than onto the Embarcadero then onto Fisherman's wharf. If traffic is diverted near fisherman's wharf I would stop the grom get on the sidewalk and remove my helmet and grom key and push my grom on the sidewalk till I got to the MC parking near where you can see it in my posted picture above. Reason why I remove my key from my grom is that in case the cops say I was riding on the sidewalk and want to give me a ticket for that I can say there is no reason I'm riding on the sidewalk since there's no key in the ING. Have to cover all your bases.

If you are riding from South Bay to SF it is best to leave by 7-8am to get there before 10am for choice parking.
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 10-13-2019 at 10:09 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

MRS
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    I use to take Hwy 101 all the way but since this is a new engine with under 400 miles break in I took EL Camino all the way to Mission than I crossed South San Francisco into the city. I was splitting lanes all the way till I got to Fisherman's wharf MC parking.
    Dang, that's a long ride on El Camino. Bravo.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MRS View Post
    Dang, that's a long ride on El Camino. Bravo.
    Fun ride you get to see the various cities that make up the Bay area, you see their life style and type of people that live in those cities esp the Mission area where there is a lot of Spanish people and homeless people and drug dealings going down, crazy but fun.
    CDN Grom likes this.

is is installing a crank and 5
    speed

Member #
    Very nice Cisco. My GF's family is from the Bay Area, and being an SD native I love visiting, especially the wharf (I love raw oysters).

It would be cool to roadtrip from SD to SF on a bike, maybe one day. I can imagine its already starting to get nippy this time of year.
    2015 Grom
    Koso 4V | Aracer AF1, DG1, MiniPlus2 | Kitaco Crank | Takegawa 5 Speed
    Kitaco CCT | Takegawa Oil Pump & 4th bearing | GF Billet Cam Cover
    34mm TB | MP Rev2 | PT CR High | Renthal Clamps
    Kitaco Clutch Cover & Oil Cooler | GF Speed Spacers
    Brembo 4P & P34 | BRAKING Rotors | Galfer SS Lines
    Driven TT Rearsets | OTB V2 Adjusters | MNNTHBX Swingarm Bushings
    RacingBrothers Sus. | Hindle High Mount | Saddlemen Seat | 428 conv. 15/36
    Mitas MC35S 100/120 | Gcraft Linear Damper Setup

Sponsored Links