Anyone use Costco gas station to fill up your vehicle, Grom
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Anyone use Costco gas station to fill up your vehicle, Grom within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Since gas is getting a little higher around here and I normally use Chevron gas or Union 76 gas and friends tell me that Costco ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone use Costco gas station to fill up your vehicle, Grom

is Living the Dream

Member #

Since gas is getting a little higher around here and I normally use Chevron gas or Union 76 gas and friends tell me that Costco gas is cheaper esp in Calif, I was wonder how good a gas is it compared to Union 76 or Chevron.

is a squirrel

Member #
    I use it in everything and haven't had a problem. It's "top tier" gas. I can usually get premium for almost the price of regular. Currently regular is 2.30 and premium is 2.79 at Costco by me.
    Last edited by LordSquirrel; 10-09-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    2014 Grom
    Takegawa 143cc kit with S stage cam
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa oil pump with SUP modded catch
    PCX 150 injector
    SMR 6 disc clutch and 60% springs
    Koso clutch plate
    Opmid temp gauge
    Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge
    EFIE
    Ebay exhaust, intake, and a bunch of other parts
    Seat Concepts seat
    OTB chain adjusters w/ spool
    14T/36T sprockets
    Pirelli SL26 tires

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I've used our local Thrifty (ARCO) station for decades. Currently $3.99 a gallon which is relatively cheap for Los Angeles. Riding a 145 mpg Grom makes me immune to high gas prices.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Hauling ass on a Grom.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by tooter View Post
    I've used our local Thrifty (ARCO) station for decades. Currently $3.99 a gallon which is relatively cheap for Los Angeles. Riding a 145 mpg Grom makes me immune to high gas prices.
    Dang, 145 mpg is off the charts! I only get 110 mpg, maybe 112 but no more.
    240less likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I use WaWa cause they sell rec fuel down here. Its a little more but when you're buying a dollar or two at a time it doesn't really bother me. When i fueled up Friday before my track night it was $2.33 for regular and $2.84 for rec.

But I was also thinking, these bikes were designed to run over in the Asian market where I'm guessing fuel isn't the same quality as we have here. I'm sure any gas at any reputable gas station will be plenty good enough for a grom, barring they don't have water in their tanks,

This user has no status.

Member #
    Costco is plenty good gas.

As long as your build doesnt require premium you are fine.

Now ... for builds that require premium (realistically you can only get away with it on a stock grom) you have to be away of the fact that we have TINY 1 gallon tanks. If you need higher octane fuels to avoid detonation with a high compression build... filling up at ANY single handle pump is likely going to net you less than premium. The hoses will hold anywhere from half a gallon up to 2 gallons depending on how long the hose is... you can pretty much bet the person before you got regular 87 octane... so for you to start getting actual premium out of the handle you will need to clear the line.

This is pretty much why i only fill my grom out of my 5 gallon jug gas can, Ill fill it up here n there only after i have pumped 2-3 gallons into my truck, then I know im getting pure premium... not shit mixed with 87.

is is installing a crank and 5
    speed

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post

Now ... for builds that require premium (realistically you can only get away with it on a stock grom) you have to be away of the fact that we have TINY 1 gallon tanks. If you need higher octane fuels to avoid detonation with a high compression build... filling up at ANY single handle pump is likely going to net you less than premium. The hoses will hold anywhere from half a gallon up to 2 gallons depending on how long the hose is... you can pretty much bet the person before you got regular 87 octane... so for you to start getting actual premium out of the handle you will need to clear the line.

This is pretty much why i only fill my grom out of my 5 gallon jug gas can, Ill fill it up here n there only after i have pumped 2-3 gallons into my truck, then I know im getting pure premium... not shit mixed with 87.
    Wow I never even thought about that...shit
    Leo310 and Manimal like this.
    2015 Grom
    Koso 4V | Aracer AF1, DG1, MiniPlus2 | Kitaco Crank | Takegawa 5 Speed
    Kitaco CCT | Takegawa Oil Pump & 4th bearing | GF Billet Cam Cover
    34mm TB | MP Rev2 | PT CR High | Renthal Clamps
    Kitaco Clutch Cover & Oil Cooler | GF Speed Spacers
    Brembo 4P & P34 | BRAKING Rotors | Galfer SS Lines
    Driven TT Rearsets | OTB V2 Adjusters | MNNTHBX Swingarm Bushings
    RacingBrothers Sus. | Hindle High Mount | Saddlemen Seat | 428 conv. 15/36
    Mitas MC35S 100/120 | Gcraft Linear Damper Setup

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I check which pump was last used for premium gas and that's the one I use.

235 2 Valve
    Supercharged AMG C43
    BMW M3
    2017 GSXR 750

This user has no status.

Member #

That's the other perk of using Rec fuel. They always have a dedicated hose

is a squirrel

Member #

That's a really good point..... The hoses at the Costco by me are extra long too so you can pull up to whatever pump regardless of which side your gas cap is on.
    2014 Grom
    Takegawa 143cc kit with S stage cam
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa oil pump with SUP modded catch
    PCX 150 injector
    SMR 6 disc clutch and 60% springs
    Koso clutch plate
    Opmid temp gauge
    Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge
    EFIE
    Ebay exhaust, intake, and a bunch of other parts
    Seat Concepts seat