102mph neo video
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

102mph neo video

This is a discussion on 102mph neo video within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; grom fatherz 181 neo. engine made 25.7hp and just went 102mph....

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rkfinch23
  • 1 Post By CiscoSanJose

Thread: 102mph neo video

is HEAD PORTING MASTER LOL

Member #

102mph neo video

grom fatherz 181 neo. engine made 25.7hp and just went 102mph.
    asume likes this.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    congrats, I assume using the new Aracer RC-2 ECU, but the head porting that you do is outstanding.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Is there any downside to getting the head ported? Would I be trading some low end torque to get the big gains up top? Or is it more power everywhere?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Is there any downside to getting the head ported? Would I be trading some low end torque to get the big gains up top? Or is it more power everywhere?
    GromFatherZ's head porting is tested on his dyno and also from the various type of porting he has found the key HP thru out the RPM range.

It's the same with BrianS 170 head porting on the 2 valve setup where BrianS did a flow test on his head porting and valve size selection.

I've done my own DIY head porting on my Takegawa 181-4v head and I noticed a big difference in power thru out the RPM range esp when I port match both the inlet tube to the intake port and the I/D of the exhaust pipe to the exhaust port. The other trick is to make sure you have done a valve lapping esp on a used head that is high mileage usage. The trick on head porting is to dimple port the intake port and port and polish the exhaust port and if need be for me I port match and polish the intake tube for the throttle body and also port and polish the throttle body.

Your other great upgrade should be a good adjustable/programmable ECU such as the Aracer mini-5, RC-1 and now the RC-2 with auto-tune.
    noob likes this.

Sponsored Links