Honda Grom banner

Superlite Countershaft Sprocket Wobble and Vibration

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  zroger73 
#1 ·
I purchased the Superlite 14T countershaft sprocket, Superlite 34T rear sprocket and a DID 420 NZ3 chain. The Superlite front sprocket is quite a bit thinner than the stock sprocket. Even with the two sprocket bolts torqued to factory specs the countershaft sprocket has a ton of play as you can see in the video below. I can even hear the sprocket vibrating when taking off and coming to a stop.

It's been so long since I changed sprockets on anything that I don't remember ever having this issue.

How do I rectify this?

#3 ·
Washers?

Note to self, I won't buy either of those brands when I replace my sprockets [emoji38]

#9 ·
It's not fine to me. I now have an annoying sound from the vibration of the sprocket when gaining speed and when slowing. I've never before experienced that on any motorcycle or quad.

Just confirmed this myself. Bit surprised though. It's not as much as seen above but there's definitely play...
Interesting. I may contact Superlite. The little bit of play doesn't bother me. It's the new vibration sounds that I don't like.

#10 · (Edited)
we've been riding these groms since 2014 or at least I have, so when you or newbies come here for advice either do your own research or go to the horses mouth which is Honda MC dealer and ask them direct.

Most of the early grom owners know that this Front sprocket has a little slop but if you want it a little more snug than fab your own plate and holder and come back with a pic of your design and show proof your system is better than Honda engineers system.

#11 ·
we've been riding these groms since 2014 or at lease I have, so when you or newbies come here for advice either do your own research or go to the horses mouth which is Honda MC dealer and ask them direct.

Most of the early grom owners know that this Front sprocket has a little slop but if you want it a little more snug than fab your own plate and holder and come back with a pic of your design and show proof your system is better than Honda engineers system.
I'm new to the Grom. I've been in the power sports game since I was three when I started riding go karts. I've never experienced this before. Again, a little play is fine, but the vibrations are not. I need to figure out a way to record the sounds.

I don't believe half of what dealers tell me either.

#12 ·
I've got Superlite sprockets and haven't had any issues. Where did you order the sprockets?

#16 ·
Have you tried calling Sprocket Center? I've been buying my SuperLite sprockets from them since I had a 919 and have never had an issue. Is the vibration still there when you're off the throttle with the clutch in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.