Superlite Countershaft Sprocket Wobble and Vibration - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Superlite Countershaft Sprocket Wobble and Vibration

This is a discussion on Superlite Countershaft Sprocket Wobble and Vibration within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose we've been riding these groms since 2014 or at lease I have, so when you or newbies come here for advice ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Superlite Countershaft Sprocket Wobble and Vibration

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    we've been riding these groms since 2014 or at lease I have, so when you or newbies come here for advice either do your own research or go to the horses mouth which is Honda MC dealer and ask them direct.

Most of the early grom owners know that this Front sprocket has a little slop but if you want it a little more snug than fab your own plate and holder and come back with a pic of your design and show proof your system is better than Honda engineers system.
    I'm new to the Grom. I've been in the power sports game since I was three when I started riding go karts. I've never experienced this before. Again, a little play is fine, but the vibrations are not. I need to figure out a way to record the sounds.

I don't believe half of what dealers tell me either.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've got Superlite sprockets and haven't had any issues. Where did you order the sprockets?
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    It's not fine to me. I now have an annoying sound from the vibration of the sprocket when gaining speed and when slowing. I've never before experienced that on any motorcycle or quad.

Interesting. I may contact Superlite. The little bit of play doesn't bother me. It's the new vibration sounds that I don't like.

I can just about guarantee that your vibrations / sound is from an improperly aligned / adjusted chain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikochu View Post
    I've got Superlite sprockets and haven't had any issues. Where did you order the sprockets?
    Sprocket Center

Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    I can just about guarantee that your vibrations / sound is from an improperly aligned / adjusted chain.
    I double checked that using the lines on the NDC adjusters and using the Motion Pro chain alignment tool.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    we've been riding these groms since 2014 or at lease I have, so when you or newbies come here for advice either do your own research or go to the horses mouth which is Honda MC dealer and ask them direct.

Most of the early grom owners know that this Front sprocket has a little slop but if you want it a little more snug than fab your own plate and holder and come back with a pic of your design and show proof your system is better than Honda engineers system.
    I'm new to the Grom. I've been in the power sports game since I was three when I started riding go karts. I've never experienced this before. Again, a little play is fine, but the vibrations are not. I need to figure out a way to record the sounds.

I don't believe half of what dealers tell me either.
    ”Riding” go karts. Never heard it stated like that in the “power sports game”, maybe you ride karts in a culdesac, but normally they’re piloted, driven, raced... I’m doubting your veracity. Listen to Cisco, btw. And research a little please. We have a search option.

If you only believe half of what your dealer says, how can you operate? I’ve found bikes are sold VERY differently than anything else. The sales guys ride, simple. The price is almost fixed. Just research what they will delete; shipping, prep and assembly... Then cultivate personal relationships with the service guys. The old $20 handshake has always worked well. All of a sudden, your bike gets worked on while it’s hot and your service bill is cheaper.

Oh, and the thing about recording the sounds almost made me choke on my drink. Still chuckling.

Please keep posting. We’re here for you.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Have you tried calling Sprocket Center? I've been buying my SuperLite sprockets from them since I had a 919 and have never had an issue. Is the vibration still there when you're off the throttle with the clutch in?
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikochu View Post
    Have you tried calling Sprocket Center? I've been buying my SuperLite sprockets from them since I had a 919 and have never had an issue. Is the vibration still there when you're off the throttle with the clutch in?

919 ftw! Love my 04.... i dont think ill ever be able to sell it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda monkey View Post
    ”Riding” go karts. Never heard it stated like that in the “power sports game”, maybe you ride karts in a culdesac, but normally they’re piloted, driven, raced... I’m doubting your veracity. Listen to Cisco, btw. And research a little please. We have a search option.
    I never said I raced go karts, did I? But you are basically calling me out and questioning my aptitude, my honesty and my integrity.
    Last edited by zroger73; Today at 04:40 AM. Reason: Profanity and personal attacks removed - infractions issued

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Moderator's note: The contents of this thread have been edited. As a reminder, personal attacks and vulgarity will NOT be tolerated on this forum. Please keep it civilized.
    Last edited by zroger73; Today at 04:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links