GMC Sierra 1, Grom 0
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

GMC Sierra 1, Grom 0

This is a discussion on GMC Sierra 1, Grom 0 within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; While heading home from work three days ago, me and a GMC pickup were traveling down a straight, two-lane road. I slowed down to make ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: GMC Sierra 1, Grom 0

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #

GMC Sierra 1, Grom 0

While heading home from work three days ago, me and a GMC pickup were traveling down a straight, two-lane road. I slowed down to make a left turn, but the driver of the pickup didn't. More of the story can be found in a thread I made on another forum.

https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...-wreck.219446/

Here are some photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Em79gsBbcJWND6na6

is Living the Dream

Member #
    I ride everyday rain or shine and I've been in a few MC vers car incidents, one of my worst was a guy in a cargo van changing lane into me and telling the police that I hit his van. I ended up winning a $180K lawsuit.

I did not quit riding my motorcycles and I have a few, yes vehicles will not see you at times or they "drives" are busy texting on their cell phone and that is why I ride with a gopro action video camera every time I ride my MC or drive my car, videos don't lie.

Shit will happen even if you ride a bicycle, walk across a cross walk and such, life is a risk, you can stay lock up in a bubble or go out and enjoy life.

Hope you get well soon, sorry for you accident.

I ride all my MC like I stole it and I ride like there is a target on my back and drivers are out there to hit me, be aware, be cautious and know your surroundings and limits.
    zroger73 and Paultergeist like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I hope you get the best lawyer in town and sue this guy for everything he owns.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    I hope you get the best lawyer in town and sue this guy for everything he owns.
    Like most people, the guy who hit me appears to live paycheck-to-paycheck based on where he lives, what he drives, and who he has insurance with. He lives in a neighboring state that has relatively low minimum liability insurance requirements and, again, like most people, it's highly unlikely that he purchased more than the minimum required coverage.

I expect the motorcycle to be taken care of, but I have no idea how much the ambulance ride and four-hour ER visit will cost.

All I expect is to be made whole - compensated for the motorcycle, all medical bills paid, compensation for time off work, and a fair amount for the pain and suffering. The person who hit me had insurance, admitted he wasn't paying attention, and will have to deal with the consequences of a ticket and higher insurance premiums for the next few years.

I'm not one of these people out looking to sue for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. I live a comfortable life and don't do without. But, I do believe the driver who hit me should be faced with consequences at least equal to what his negligence caused me. I don't expect him to be put on a motorcycle and rear-ended, but I do expect a hit to his wallet is in order.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post
    Like most people, the guy who hit me appears to live paycheck-to-paycheck based on where he lives, what he drives, and who he has insurance with. He lives in a neighboring state that has relatively low minimum liability insurance requirements and, again, like most people, it's highly unlikely that he purchased more than the minimum required coverage.

I expect the motorcycle to be taken care of, but I have no idea how much the ambulance ride and four-hour ER visit will cost.

All I expect is to be made whole - compensated for the motorcycle, all medical bills paid, compensation for time off work, and a fair amount for the pain and suffering. The person who hit me had insurance, admitted he wasn't paying attention, and will have to deal with the consequences of a ticket and higher insurance premiums for the next few years.

I'm not one of these people out looking to sue for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. I live a comfortable life and don't do without. But, I do believe the driver who hit me should be faced with consequences at least equal to what his negligence caused me. I don't expect him to be put on a motorcycle and rear-ended, but I do expect a hit to his wallet is in order.
    Get a good lawyer. I don't care how poor this person is. They ruined your bike and your physical and mental health all because they were careless. They deserve to pay dearly.

If we don't force people like this to pay the carelessness will only get worse.

is is installing a crank and 5
    speed

Member #
    I was t-boned in 2016 by someone who pulled out from a stop sign. Yes, they t-boned me, I took a 2015 Accord straight to the left boot.

I was young and dumb at the time, and as luck would have it, my parents were out of the country and I didn't reach out for legal advice.

I was lucky enough to walk (hobble) away with no broken bones, but the impact to my left foot has left me with limited mobility after completely healing. I refused medical treatment at the scene.

My biggest regret? Feeling bad for the guy at the time and signing legal paperwork too fast, only pursuing getting my bike value covered...and accepting a measly $1000 for pain and suffering.
    Last edited by OpusNectar; 08-26-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    50-50 likes this.
    2015 Grom
    Koso 4V | Aracer AF1, DG1, MiniPlus2 | Kitaco Crank | Takegawa 5 Speed
    Kitaco CCT | Takegawa Oil Pump & 4th bearing | GF Billet Cam Cover
    34mm TB | MP Rev2 | PT CR High | Renthal Clamps
    Kitaco Clutch Cover & Oil Cooler | GF Speed Spacers
    Brembo 4P & P34 | BRAKING Rotors | Galfer SS Lines
    Driven TT Rearsets | OTB V2 Adjusters | MNNTHBX Swingarm Bushings
    RacingBrothers Sus. | Hindle High Mount | Saddlemen Seat | 428 conv. 15/36
    Mitas MC35S 100/120 | Gcraft Linear Damper Setup

is starting to freeze my MONKEY
    off

Member #
    Glad to hear you are alive. Hope you get fully healed up.
    zroger73 likes this.
    2014 Black Grom
    2019 Red Monkey

is Member

Member #
    Odometer
    Don't forget to include in the claim your helmet (should not be used again if involved in a crash, even if it didn't take serious damage, the shell can't be evaluated visually), any damaged piece of clothing, especially your essential protective gear: boots, armored jacket, back protector, gloves, etc. Any damaged accessories on the bike should also be part of the claim. Also if this person lives paycheck to paycheck as you say, then that truck is financed, and he is required to carry higher than minimum coverage. Hopefully you also carry uninsured/underinsured coverage, which is very cheap and useful for these situations. You should also be careful making details public while the claim is still pending, your sympathy for the person who hit you can be used against you by his insurance company, and if people start to victim-blame, you could end up inadvertently giving inappropriate concessions while you try to explain the incident in more detail. In any case, a lawyer is strongly recommended. Hope you recover quickly and fully.
    zroger73 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Glad to hear you're okay. Thats the most important thing. And as others have mentioned, claim everything and get in touch with a good moto lawyer. I know you feel bad for the guy, but think of other riders/drivers who could fall victim of his bad driving. And lastly, I hope you come around about riding again. Be safe out there everyone.

is a squirrel

Member #
    Glad you're ok after what could have been a much worse outcome. It really is scary driving around seeing how many people are staring at their phones. Out of everything I see on the road, that really makes my blood boil. Do people really think they're that important that they can't wait until they're not driving to answer a text or something?

Anyway, as you heal and wait for any compensation, reflect on everything. Not just the accident, but the fun you had riding around. There's millions of motorcycles available and they'll always be around, but there's only one you so focus on yourself and getting better. If you decide to take a break then take a break. Obviously we're all biased, but it's your life.
    2014 Grom
    Takegawa 143cc kit with S stage cam
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa oil pump with SUP modded catch
    PCX 150 injector
    SMR 6 disc clutch and 60% springs
    Koso clutch plate
    Opmid temp gauge
    Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge
    EFIE
    Ebay exhaust, intake, and a bunch of other parts
    Seat Concepts seat