Hot Lap Boso Exhaust vs Brock’s Short Meg
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Hot Lap Boso Exhaust vs Brock’s Short Meg within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Hello all, Just got my 2015 grom and looking to get an exhaust before I install a cam and get it tuned. I am looking ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nuttfuz
  • 1 Post By MNNTHBX

Thread: Hot Lap Boso Exhaust vs Brock’s Short Meg

This user has no status.

Member #

Hello all,

Just got my 2015 grom and looking to get an exhaust before I install a cam and get it tuned. I am looking for opinions on the hot lap boso exhaust as I don’t see it very often. I wanted a hot lap 666 for my ruckus, so I am looking at the company for my grom. How is the performance compared to brock’s exhaust or the hindle exhaust? How is the sound? Raspy/too loud? Also, does it have an O2 bung for a wideband? Any help would be appreciated.
    tooter likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a hindle and can only compare it to stock but I like it. It does have an O2 bung for a wideband. It's got a very throaty loud sound to it. It is considerably louder than stock and will definitely piss off your neighbors but I only race my grom so not an issue for me. With just an chimera intake and exhaust i definitely noticed an increase in power. If I had to do it again I would buy a high mount exhaust. I love everything about the Hindle but I scrape it in certain corners on the track and its dented. I have to really get off the bike to avoid scraping it on the ground.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....

Member #
    In terms of build quality, and most likely performance as well, those two don't compare. Go Brocks.
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttfuz View Post
    Hello all,

Just got my 2015 grom and looking to get an exhaust before I install a cam and get it tuned. I am looking for opinions on the hot lap boso exhaust as I don’t see it very often. I wanted a hot lap 666 for my ruckus, so I am looking at the company for my grom. How is the performance compared to brock’s exhaust or the hindle exhaust? How is the sound? Raspy/too loud? Also, does it have an O2 bung for a wideband? Any help would be appreciated.
    When I had my Ruckus I combined an MNNTHBX exhaust with Supertrapp tuning disks and it ran super.

Hot Lap Boso Exhaust vs Brock’s Short Meg-img_0929.jpg

Hot Lap Boso Exhaust vs Brock’s Short Meg-img_0448.jpg

Concerning exhausts, your engine responds only to the length and diameter of the head pipe. The mufflers are just for looks and sound. A 1 inch head pipe is good for 125cc. Larger is good for BBK's.
    A high exhaust will give you more low rpm torque because the head pipes tend to be longer.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Brock's is obnoxiously loud. I think the Yoshimura exhausts are great on a stock bore. They do have O2 bungs.

If, for some reason, you insist on Brock's go with the OEM (Hindle) and you'll have the same exhaust at a cheaper price.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks everyone. Going brocks.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttfuz View Post
    Thanks everyone. Going brocks.
    Why Brock's over Hindle? You're paying more for the same exhaust.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....

Member #
    If you’re concerned about volume, nobody in the industry makes a better dB killer. Added bonus: Brock himself, is about as good a dude as you’ll ever meet, and I’ll always support that....
    50-50 likes this.
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by MNNTHBX View Post
    If you’re concerned about volume, nobody in the industry makes a better dB killer. Added bonus: Brock himself, is about as good a dude as you’ll ever meet, and I’ll always support that....
    Are you saying that the dB killer that Brock’s sells is a different component than the dB killer that one would get with a Hindle?

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    Are you saying that the dB killer that Brock’s sells is a different component than the dB killer that one would get with a Hindle?
    The Hindle muffler is a different shape than the Brock's so the Db killer would have to be different.

Also, the Brock's header isn't exactly the same as the Hindle. Brock's header points outward more than the Hindle. I also think the Brock's is slightly more muffled. Very slightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

Sponsored Links