Any good repair shops in Stockton area or Bay Area?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Any good repair shops in Stockton area or Bay Area? within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I let one of my friends barrow my grom and he ended up crashing and wrecking the bike. All the fairings on the bike are ...

Thread: Any good repair shops in Stockton area or Bay Area?

This user has no status.

Member #

I let one of my friends barrow my grom and he ended up crashing and wrecking the bike. All the fairings on the bike are either cracked or scratched up. The alignment is way off now too. I took it to a local dealership and they quoted me $3,300 to fix the bike. For that price I can just buy another grom. Now I am struggling to find another shop that won't charge me that much to fix it. If you guys know any shops around Tracy, Stockton, or Bay Area please let me know. Thank you.

is is installing a crank and 5
    speed

Member #
    Chances are there might be frame damage. Was the bike insured?
    2015 Grom
    Koso 4V | Aracer AF1, DG1, MiniPlus2 | Kitaco Crank | Takegawa 5 Speed
    Kitaco CCT | Takegawa Oil Pump & 4th bearing | GF Billet Cam Cover
    34mm TB | MP Rev2 | PT CR High | Renthal Clamps
    Kitaco Clutch Cover & Oil Cooler | GF Speed Spacers
    Brembo 4P & P34 | BRAKING Rotors | Galfer SS Lines
    Driven TT Rearsets | OTB V2 Adjusters | MNNTHBX Swingarm Bushings
    RacingBrothers Sus. | Hindle High Mount | Saddlemen Seat | 428 conv. 15/36
    Mitas MC35S 100/120 | Gcraft Linear Damper Setup

is pew pew pew

Member #
    What were the parts they quoted for $3300?

Have you tried loosening the triple tree and just banging the wheel back in place? Might be all that is needed for it to ride straight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is pew pew pew

Member #
    As far as good Grom-specific repair shops, I know Big Chris used to work on Groms in his spare time.

Also, I've had good success with Catalyst Reaction who fixed a crack in my Grom motor. They race their built Grom in a 24hr event.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Too bad you don't live near me, I just helped my neighbor do a valve lash adjustment on his 2018 grom. He told me the dealer was going to charge him $150 to do the job and I told him to show up at my house at 7am and I will show him how to do his valve lash and what tools to buy.

He showed up and we did the valve job in under a 1.5hr. I charged him $20 for using my tools and he has a second grom that is leaking oil from the right side crank cover "clutch cover" so I sold him one of my spare gasket $10 and all in all he learned how to do his own valve lash adjustment, learned what tools to buy which would be less in cost than the $150.

All in all he forked out $30,he also got a couple of pages of printed torque settings for the grom and learned how to do his own valve adjustment. I told him I normally would not charge anything but I like to play Lotto so the money charge him was like tool rental and my fee so I can play lotto on his dime.
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 08-09-2019 at 07:02 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    It is insured but I don't want this to be on my record. Also my friend is paying for the damages but I don't want him to pay that much because that is just a ridiculous price to pay.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheburashka View Post
    What were the parts they quoted for $3300?

Have you tried loosening the triple tree and just banging the wheel back in place? Might be all that is needed for it to ride straight.
    Parts and labor were $3300. Parts alone was $1800. I haven't touched the bike ever since I got it back from him besides riding it to the dealership and coming back home.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheburashka View Post
    As far as good Grom-specific repair shops, I know Big Chris used to work on Groms in his spare time.

Also, I've had good success with Catalyst Reaction who fixed a crack in my Grom motor. They race their built Grom in a 24hr event.
    Thank You Ill give Catalyst Reaction a call tomorrow but do you think they will charge me dealership price?

is pew pew pew

Member #
    You can ask if you can buy the parts online and bring it to them. It will be way cheaper.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links