Grom idle habg with finbro ecu
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Grom idle habg with finbro ecu within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; So since ive installed my finbro ecu on my 15 grom, ive had an issue where i can only set my idle to around 1000 ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nd4spdbh
  • 1 Post By noob

Thread: Grom idle habg with finbro ecu

This user has no status.

Member #

So since ive installed my finbro ecu on my 15 grom, ive had an issue where i can only set my idle to around 1000 rpm (right on the edge of running and stalling) I want my idle around 1600 but if I adjust that high when I rev the motor the as rpms decrease they go down really slow and just stay at 4k rpm unless i put a load on the engine like letting the clutch out, then it will idle normal. Ive unplugged my high idle solenoid, adjusted the idle screw, and the black fuel to air screw. What do I do ? its to my understanding I cant just reset the finbro ecu like the factory, correct ?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Gonna have to play with it, but really sounds like you have an air leak. Pull the idle air screw all the way out and inspect it. If all is good run it in and LIGHTLY seat it, then 1.25 turns out. get the grom up to operating temps, and adjust the idle stop screw so that she idles around 1700rpms. My bike with the finbro has always idled great.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-eye8 View Post
    So since ive installed my finbro ecu on my 15 grom, ive had an issue where i can only set my idle to around 1000 rpm (right on the edge of running and stalling) I want my idle around 1600 but if I adjust that high when I rev the motor the as rpms decrease they go down really slow and just stay at 4k rpm unless i put a load on the engine like letting the clutch out, then it will idle normal. Ive unplugged my high idle solenoid, adjusted the idle screw, and the black fuel to air screw. What do I do ? its to my understanding I cant just reset the finbro ecu like the factory, correct ?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!
    what throttle body size are you using an F/I size and engine size????

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    Try pulling the cold start electrical connector off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    what throttle body size are you using an F/I size and engine size????
    Stock throttle body, pcx150 injector, stock bore high compresion finbro flat top and finbro super awesome head

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pat-eye8 View Post
    Stock throttle body, pcx150 injector, stock bore high compresion finbro flat top and finbro super awesome head
    You are fine with that setup. Try what i listed out above.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I had the same problem, when the idle hangs at 4000, put a load on it to get the idle to come back down then adjust the idle down just a hair at a time until it stops doing it. It's supersensitive.
    235 2 Valve
    Supercharged AMG C43
    BMW M3
    2017 GSXR 750

This user has no status.

Member #
    Can you still reset the TPS with that ECU? I backed out the throttle stop screw on mine and forgot to adjust the throttle cables and had symptoms like you're describing.
    tooter likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Can you still reset the TPS with that ECU? I backed out the throttle stop screw on mine and forgot to adjust the throttle cables and had symptoms like you're describing.
    Throttle cables also came to my mind. Check them to make sure they aren't binding and that they fully release the spring loaded butterfly allowing it to close completely.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

Sponsored Links