Aracer ECU compare, mini+2 and mini 5 for our grom
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Aracer ECU compare, mini+2 and mini 5 for our grom within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Since I have been using the mini+2 for a while which in my opinion is way better than any piggy back ECU system for the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aracer ECU compare, mini+2 and mini 5 for our grom

is Living the Dream

Member #

Since I have been using the mini+2 for a while which in my opinion is way better than any piggy back ECU system for the grom this is my daily use and testing of both the mini+2 and mini 5.

I'm not sure why I did not move up to the mini 5 a lot sooner and I can imagine what the Aracer RC1 is like.

Anyway I like the idea that I can do my adjustment of base fuel, fuel mapping in various TP and RPM, and and many more adjustment using my smart devices such as a smart phone,tablet, computer via attachment of the BT.

A must have with both the mini+2 and mini 5 is the AT unit. The mini 5 comes with the BT connection. The other items/hardware you need is the harness cable for the Aracer so you can attach all the other add on's to your Aracer ECU.

You will also have to download the AracerSmart app to your smart device. The AracerSmart Lite is a free download and the AracerSmart Pro cost around 12-14 dollars and that one does everything for you to adjust your Aracer ECU.

The Aracer mini+2 is physically a little smaller in size than the mini5 and I had to really find room on the side of my grom to install the mini5 which meant I bend the OEM metal holder for the OEM ECU in ward to get it to fit. The mini+2 has no problem fitting.

If you like soldering wire you can cut out the extra wire length on the aracer harness and custom the length of the wire to fit the grom and make room to install all the add on device and it's cable.

Aracer is pricey but worth the money if you are into custom tuning your grom or monkey bike.

Ride safe all

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a takegawa 143 bbk with cam, a chimera intake, and a hindle exhaust. I'm using a PCV with Wideband Autotune for my fuel controller. I just got it all back together and only have about 45 minutes of ride time on the bike but it runs like crap and stutters and hesitates like crazy. Will the Aracer ECU adjust more quickly than the power commander and wideband? I'm thinking about making the switch the pc was and wideband was a pain to setup and now I'm struggling to get the autotune to find a good setting. I have only accepted the trims for the autotune 3 times in 45 minutes of riding.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fclark00 View Post
    I have a takegawa 143 bbk with cam, a chimera intake, and a hindle exhaust. I'm using a PCV with Wideband Autotune for my fuel controller. I just got it all back together and only have about 45 minutes of ride time on the bike but it runs like crap and stutters and hesitates like crazy. Will the Aracer ECU adjust more quickly than the power commander and wideband? I'm thinking about making the switch the pc was and wideband was a pain to setup and now I'm struggling to get the autotune to find a good setting. I have only accepted the trims for the autotune 3 times in 45 minutes of riding.
    Like I said I had the PCV-WB02 piggy back system and when I switch over to Aracer mini+2 with AT it was like night and day. Aracer is pricey but worth all the headacks esp with the piggy back system, you want standalone system in my opinion.

Look at all my posting and you will see that I did have the PCV-WB02 working but at times it would hiccup and cause strange problems. All the guys that I ride with or are in contact with in the Bay area Northern Calif use either a stand alone system such as Finbro or Yuminashi or go Aracer.

Things to consider when tuning is that you have the right F/I, throttle body, airbox,exhaust system. Some times you have to play around with the F/I size to get the performance you need.

good luck on you decision

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Have you ever had your ECU reflashed? Do you find yourself always fine tuning or do you just set it and forget it?

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemcc0372 View Post
    Have you ever had your ECU reflashed? Do you find yourself always fine tuning or do you just set it and forget it?
    On the Aracer, set it to AT and ride, Zero Issues, since I have the mini 5 I just look at my app on my iphone and check my record mod and look at the graph. So EZ and simple to use, hardest thing on the mini 5 was to get the ECU to mount on the same location as the stock ECU, had to bend some metal and squeeze it in and re-arrange the wire harness and I was good to go.

No computer hook up, no extra wire to the ECU to program it, all BT to phone or if need be to smart device or computer. Has mini-USB cable to flash ECU for update firmware or update via BT

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I've heard a lot of people having issues getting their phones to connect via Bluetooth to the Mini 5. Have you had this issue at all?

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    I've heard a lot of people having issues getting their phones to connect via Bluetooth to the Mini 5. Have you had this issue at all?
    Zero issue, I mounted the BT unit on the left side under the fuel tank side with velcro, my friend who has installed a couple of min5 units on groms and MC told me that the BT is moved as far away from under the seat due to the amount of metal/electronics. The BT was installed on the left side of the gas tank under the plastic cover the BT has better reception to your iphone/smartphone that is mounted to a handle bar phone holder or your tank bag.
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemcc0372 View Post
    I went with an $80 Yuminashi ECU. It works great for a mildly modified stock displacement engine. I'm always changing stuff and haven't touched it since I installed it. I get to enjoy riding instead of wasting all my my time f**king around trying to get the tuning right. I just installed an oversized 140cc injector (PCX150) yesterday and the ECU adjusted itself without my needing to do anything except adjust the idle air screw.
    Last edited by tooter; 08-13-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Paultergeist likes this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Tooter, was it hard to re-pin the connector? I confess that I am a little apprehensive about doing that.

is pew pew pew

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fclark00 View Post
    Try this PCV map. It's exactly for your setup.

Takegawa 143.zip

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links