Aracer ECU compare, mini+2 and mini 5 for our grom - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Aracer ECU compare, mini+2 and mini 5 for our grom

This is a discussion on Aracer ECU compare, mini+2 and mini 5 for our grom within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by Cheburashka Try this PCV map. It's exactly for your setup. Attachment 82398 Thanks!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aracer ECU compare, mini+2 and mini 5 for our grom

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheburashka View Post
    Try this PCV map. It's exactly for your setup.

Attachment 82398
    Thanks!

is pew pew pew

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fclark00 View Post
    Thanks!
    NP, let us know how it goes.

I'm in the process of putting the identical setup to yours on my Grom.

I got the map from another guy with the same setup.

This user has no status.

Member #
    NP, let us know how it goes.

I'm in the process of putting the identical setup to yours on my Grom.
    It was definitely a big improvement over stock. Much more torque just working through the autotune issues now but hopefully your map will help. I'm now able to keep up with TTR 125's and crf 100f's on the track. Also what helped tremendously was the ohlins front and rear suspension and sato rear sets. All of those mods combined plus mitas mc35 tires took 4 seconds off my lap times vs stock. Where did you get the map from?
    Last edited by fclark00; 08-13-2019 at 12:49 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is pew pew pew

Member #
    Another guy with the same setup shared this map earlier. I'll probably have my 143 assembled in about a week - still figuring out how to mount my oil cooler.

I also have rearsets and the Ohlins rear shock. I actually have the Ohlins front for inserts too, but they are in a pair of shocks that is bent, so I'll need to swap them.

Where are you tracking the bike?

Are you using the stock injector?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    Tooter, was it hard to re-pin the connector? I confess that I am a little apprehensive about doing that.
    So was I.

The job was tedious but not hard. There's no cutting or soldering wires, just relocating 4 female pin connectors. I used the pin numbering chart in my Grom Service Manual. Remember that chart is for the male ECU itself, and not the female connector the ECU plugs into. So the connector is a mirror image of the numbering chart. I made damn sure I was moving the right pin connectors to the right locations before I touched anything.

Once the wires were in their proper locations I simply plugged in the ECU and haven't touched it since. I've been using it for about 3,000 miles and it works just fine. It adjusts itself to the constant intake and exhaust changes I'm always making. It even compensated for the PXC 150 injector I installed. The bike runs great!
    Paultergeist likes this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Thanks Tooter, that is very helpful.
    tooter likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Another guy with the same setup shared this map earlier. I'll probably have my 143 assembled in about a week - still figuring out how to mount my oil cooler.

I also have rearsets and the Ohlins rear shock. I actually have the Ohlins front for inserts too, but they are in a pair of shocks that is bent, so I'll need to swap them.

Where are you tracking the bike?

Are you using the stock injector?
    I'm tracking the bike at Sandy Hook Raceway in Maryland. It's a go kart track. I plan to take it to New Jersey as well. I am running the stock injector. I have been trying to decide if I want to upgrade the injector or not. I need to get the preload on the rear shock set. That's my next project along with getting the pcv working.
    Cheburashka likes this.

is pew pew pew

Member #
    Yeah, I've been planning to go to the kart track for a long time here in NorCal... Maybe I'll finally get to it when I finish the 143cc upgrade.

Only issue is I have nothing to tow it with.
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    On the Aracer, set it to AT and ride, Zero Issues, since I have the mini 5 I just look at my app on my iphone and check my record mod and look at the graph. So EZ and simple to use, hardest thing on the mini 5 was to get the ECU to mount on the same location as the stock ECU, had to bend some metal and squeeze it in and re-arrange the wire harness and I was good to go.

No computer hook up, no extra wire to the ECU to program it, all BT to phone or if need be to smart device or computer. Has mini-USB cable to flash ECU for update firmware or update via BT
    yeah. I like to set it and forget it. I have been really liking the ECU reflash that I have but I live in south texas where its 105 so the bike really lags in the heat. but thats native to cold and hot air in the combustion chamber.

I like the idea of auto tuning but dont like alot of the extras that are required. I have 16000 miles on mine and would like to keep it a few more years. I dont want to even think about big bore or super anything yet. Most mods havent caused issues but anytime the engine or internals gets involved, I have always had issues. I do have a cam, intake and exhaust, ecu reflash and a few sprockets that I can change out, a speed ohealer when needed and a fuel adjustment piece. When I took all of the extra stuff off my grom has been more reliable. Just dont want to sacrifice that.
    Thanks
    Paultergeist and tooter like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemcc0372 View Post
    yeah. I like to set it and forget it. I have been really liking the ECU reflash that I have but I live in south texas where its 105 so the bike really lags in the heat. but thats native to cold and hot air in the combustion chamber.

I like the idea of auto tuning but dont like alot of the extras that are required. I have 16000 miles on mine and would like to keep it a few more years. I dont want to even think about big bore or super anything yet. Most mods havent caused issues but anytime the engine or internals gets involved, I have always had issues. I do have a cam, intake and exhaust, ecu reflash and a few sprockets that I can change out, a speed ohealer when needed and a fuel adjustment piece. When I took all of the extra stuff off my grom has been more reliable. Just dont want to sacrifice that.
    Thanks
    I'm the same way. LESS complicated crap = MORE reliability.
    I need my Grom always up and running, and can't afford any down time.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links