Bad Vibration - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Bad Vibration

This is a discussion on Bad Vibration within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Dealers do usually use outsource tyres shops so It's true, they don't do it. They even often outsource repair cars, so basically you have to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bad Vibration

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    1500 km
    Dealers do usually use outsource tyres shops so It's true, they don't do it.

They even often outsource repair cars, so basically you have to pay the repair from a town mechanic plus the addon for the dealer. Profit!

Dealers will never do anything to new bikes.. Because they're new so ready to ride.

is a squirrel

Member #
    Every time this thread comes up I sing Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys in my head
    2014 Grom
    Takegawa 143cc kit with S stage cam
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa oil pump with SUP modded catch
    PCX 150 injector
    SMR 6 disc clutch and 60% springs
    Koso clutch plate
    Opmid temp gauge
    Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge
    EFIE
    Ebay exhaust, intake, and a bunch of other parts
    Seat Concepts seat
    OTB chain adjusters w/ spool
    14T/36T sprockets
    Pirelli SL26 tires

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MSX UD ITA View Post
    Dealers do usually use outsource tyres shops so It's true, they don't do it.

They even often outsource repair cars, so basically you have to pay the repair from a town mechanic plus the addon for the dealer. Profit!
    Interesting. I'm not sure where you're located, but I assume you're not in the US based in your reference to kilometers and "tyres". I've never seen an automobile or powersports dealer that didn't sell and replace tires, repair flats (automobiles only) and balance wheels in-house. For Honda automobile dealers, Honda even specifies the tools and equipment to use and partners with Snap-On to handle the logistics - I'm not sure how things differ on the powersports side.
    2019 Honda Grom 125 (MSX125), 2019 Honda PCX150, 2014 Interceptor (VFR800F)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    1500 km
    Of course they do sell them. But you're 100% sure they do jobs by their own? tire shop jobs are way cheaper than fixed brand official dealer garages price/hour.. It's cheaper for them to outsource certain jobs.. Like cars body shop jobs...

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MSX UD ITA View Post
    Of course they do sell them. But you're 100% sure they do jobs by their own? tire shop jobs are way cheaper than fixed brand official dealer garages price/hour.. It's cheaper for them to outsource certain jobs.. Like cars body shop jobs...
    Most definitely. I can see the racks full of tires, tire changing machines, wheel balancers, and supplies with my own eyes. A couple of years ago, I got a nail in the tire of my 2017 Honda Ridgeline when it had only a few thousand miles on it. The nail was too close to the sidewall and nobody would repair it. I bought a new tire from the local Honda dealer, who had it in stock. I watched them lift the vehicle, remove the wheel, remove the tire, install the new tire, balance it, and mount it back on the vehicle through the window. Surprisingly, they charged less than if I would have purchased the tire online and had it delivered and installed locally or had a dedicated tire shop order and install the tire.

I inherited a 2016 Ford Focus last year after from a deceased relative. The tires had plenty of tread, but one of them was noisy. I wanted the same brand/model/size of tire that came from the factory so they would all match. I called around to several tire shops and the local Ford dealer. Lo and behold, the local Ford dealer had the tire the next day and was again cheaper than the tire shops.

Weeks after purchased my new VFR, I got a nail in the rear tire. For safety and liability reasons, nobody would repair the tire - they would only replace it. The local tire shops I called didn't have the equipment to dismount/mount motorcycle tires, so I paid the local Honda dealer to do it since they sold and replaced tires.

When I had the tires replaced on my PCX150 under warranty several weeks ago, Honda sent two new OE tires and the dealer replaced them with same equipment they use to install other tires they sell.

My closest Honda automobile dealer even fixes flats for free no matter what brand of car or truck you drive. It costs them very little to provide this service and it generates traffic which leads to sales.

So, yes, it's normal for both automobile and motorcycle dealers to sell and service their own tires.

About the only thing here that dealerships don't do is body work (including windshield replacement). A few dealers still have their own body shops, but that's becoming rare.
    MSX UD ITA likes this.
    2019 Honda Grom 125 (MSX125), 2019 Honda PCX150, 2014 Interceptor (VFR800F)

is squeezing Grom into a VW Bus

Member #
    Odometer
    < 200
    Got some OG gold rims and mounted a set of Michelin Power Pures.
    Besides looking sweet, there are no vibrations now. SF rims must be junk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links