Bad Vibration - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Bad Vibration

This is a discussion on Bad Vibration within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Your ingenuity is touching part of dealer's game is to dodge all of these common problems of new vehicles.. To avoid problems with brand they ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bad Vibration

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    1500 km
    Your ingenuity is touching part of dealer's game is to dodge all of these common problems of new vehicles.. To avoid problems with brand they resell.. I had a cracked windshield staff at 15000 km on my Yamaha. They soldered it and promised a new piece. There are 2 years I waiting for that piece lol hahaha

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    1500 km
    Failing to install tyres is a tipical prank for annoying customers!

is squeezing Grom into a VW Bus

Member #
    Odometer
    < 200
    The vibration is better but it's still there. Mostly around 40 mph now instead of all the time.
    The dealer didn't balance them when they installed the Pirellis. They said their balancing machine's shaft wasn't small enough for the Grom wheels. I'm done with the dealer, I'm not going to demand they fix this when they can't even put the correct tire on the correct wheel. Not to mention they have a brand new Grom that's been sitting in the service bay with the same exact problem and they can't figure it out.

I suppose next I'll buy a static balancer and try balancing them myself. Maybe throw some dyna beads in it and see what happens.
    Before all this happened I bought some OG gold rims just for the bling. When those come in maybe that'll fix it? Maybe there's something wrong with my SF rims? I did read that they're heavier, and not as good quality as the OG rims.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by blue72beetle View Post
    They said their balancing machine's shaft wasn't small enough for the Grom wheels.
    That particular statement is probably true. My dealer wasn't able to balance my PCX150's front replacement tire for this reason. Thankfully, it wasn't necessary.
    2019 Honda Grom 125 (MSX125), 2019 Honda PCX150, 2014 Interceptor (VFR800F)

is squeezing Grom into a VW Bus

Member #
    Odometer
    < 200
    Put the dyna beads in both wheels this morning, took it for a ride. They didn't do shit, lol. Guess I'll try the gold rims next. Hopefully the SF rims are crap. I can't believe I would've gotten a bad set of Pirellis also.

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I've never ridden an OG to compare, but my brother's 2017 SF and my 2019 SF are smooth and have no wheel or tire vibrations whatsoever, so it is possible to get balanced wheels and Vee Rubbers from the factory.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    1500 km
    Balancing is a must have.. Seriously. Find someone who can balance your wheels

This user has no status.

Member #
    Literally never balanced my grom wheels, and i run some chunky Kenda dual sport tires... never an issue.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Changed out my OE Vee Rubber for Continental ContiScoot tires and that cleared up the high speed vibration I was experiencing. They were balanced but didn't require any weights.

So yes, balancing is key.

Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Dealers say they "never" balance the wheels on scooters and small motorcycles because it's not necessary due to their small size and low weight.

While it's true that the force is lower given the same wheel speed, the smaller tires also turn faster.

The Grom's front wheel, for example, is turning as fast at 43 MPH as a Honda Accord's wheels are at 60 MPH. At 60 MPH on a Grom, the front wheel is turning as fast at the Accord's wheel would at 83 MPH.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links