Rode the Frankenstein yell/wht grom to Cycle Gear San Jose for Pre-race event
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Rode the Frankenstein yell/wht grom to Cycle Gear San Jose for Pre-race event within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Since Laguna Seca will be having Super Bike racing this weekend I decided to go to San Jose Cycle gear Pre-Race event since they have ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CiscoSanJose
  • 1 Post By CiscoSanJose

Thread: Rode the Frankenstein yell/wht grom to Cycle Gear San Jose for Pre-race event

is Living the Dream

Member #

Since Laguna Seca will be having Super Bike racing this weekend I decided to go to San Jose Cycle gear Pre-Race event since they have various vendors there showing the latest in Motorcycle gear and products.

There was one product there called Liqui Moly and it's a German made products such as MC oil, chain lube, flush kits for oil and radiator, etc. Was nice talking to the rep that was there and a shout out to him for giving me a bottle of Engine Flush Shooter to clean out my Grom motor before I try using a full synthetic oil again since I really hate using it from pass bad experience on my grom motor slipping the clutch.

So has anyone used Liqui Moly on their motorcycle, snowmobile, dirt bike,etc??

My friend showed up with my Aracer mini 5 ECU with the blue tooth BLink for my testing on my grom. I downloaded the app onto my iphone.

There were another vendor with a selection of airbag riding gear jackets and vest that will blow up in seconds when you get into a MC accident, pretty neat product.

The Bell motorcycle helmet rep was there showing their latest gear, I did like their visor that changes from clear to dark depending on the amount of bright light that comes from the sun. The only down side for these lens is that they do not work properly in extreme cold or hot temps.

CHP and local police was there and I talked to them about their HD motorcycles and why they didn't stick with BMW and they said is was mostly due to maintenance cost but they will be switching back to BMWs soon, they gave out free reflective vest and info on the latest MC DMV laws and on lane splitting.

There was a racer there with a 750 indian Scout that was really tricked out MC.

I think I had the only grom there and quite a few people asked me info on my grom so I gave them my link on hondagrom.net and my screen name so they can read up on my Frankenstein grom build which was the grom they were looking at.

They had a raffle every half hour or so and I ended up winning a tank bag that fits my grom perfect.

Rode the Frankenstein yell/wht grom to Cycle Gear San Jose for Pre-race event-img_5293-copy.jpg Rode the Frankenstein yell/wht grom to Cycle Gear San Jose for Pre-race event-img_5294-copy.jpg
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I won’t be in town for this unfortunately, but good to know about. I’m in the process of moving to San Jose full time (after practically living here in hotels for the last 2 years). Of course, I’m bringing the Grom with me.

is squeezing Grom into a VW Bus

Member #
    Odometer
    < 200
    Is that the Sidici T2 Como? Post a pic of it on a Grom please?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapurnicus View Post
    I won’t be in town for this unfortunately, but good to know about. I’m in the process of moving to San Jose full time (after practically living here in hotels for the last 2 years). Of course, I’m bringing the Grom with me.
    Lots of grom rides and great riding places in the Bay Area, San Jose area and if you are moved here before the end of the month there's a lot of Art and Wine festivals and free music in the park and events coming up including the famous Gilroy Garlic festival, The Highland Scottish games, Rodeos, and many more fun events.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by blue72beetle View Post
    Is that the Sidici T2 Como? Post a pic of it on a Grom please?
    Yes it's the T2, I will take some pic of it on the tank of my Red/white grom and also on the rear rack, not bad for free, I have a bigger Endurance Cargo bag that I will put on the rear rack for comparison with the T2. On the bigger Endurance bag I have tools,spare lipo grom battery, spare wind jacket, and other items to hold down Costco grocery runs.
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post

Lots of grom rides and great riding places in the Bay Area, San Jose area and if you are moved here before the end of the month there's a lot of Art and Wine festivals and free music in the park and events coming up including the famous Gilroy Garlic festival, The Highland Scottish games, Rodeos, and many more fun events.
    I’m out there next week for work again, then I set off on my cross country drive with the wife and animals mid-August. Our rental is in west San Jose (half a mile from the Cupertino line), but my lab is off Zanker so I’m used to being near Cisco. I usually stay at hotels there by the airport so I know that side of town well. You may run into me haha.

I may hit you up for some weekend ideas in the coming months, seems like you’ve been around a while. I never get to experience the entertainment. I usually fly in Monday and out Friday. Going to be very different living there I’m sure.

Is the Grom okay out there? I was concerned with the launch speed for filtering. Worried I couldn’t take off faster than the cars at lights. Not too worried about interstates or lane splitting. I like passing when stopped only. I like the tiny bike, have put about 1,000 miles on mine (it’s at about 5,500 total). But considered a CB300r for the take off speed.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapurnicus View Post
    I’m out there next week for work again, then I set off on my cross country drive with the wife and animals mid-August. Our rental is in west San Jose (half a mile from the Cupertino line), but my lab is off Zanker so I’m used to being near Cisco. I usually stay at hotels there by the airport so I know that side of town well. You may run into me haha.

I may hit you up for some weekend ideas in the coming months, seems like you’ve been around a while. I never get to experience the entertainment. I usually fly in Monday and out Friday. Going to be very different living there I’m sure.

Is the Grom okay out there? I was concerned with the launch speed for filtering. Worried I couldn’t take off faster than the cars at lights. Not too worried about interstates or lane splitting. I like passing when stopped only. I like the tiny bike, have put about 1,000 miles on mine (it’s at about 5,500 total). But considered a CB300r for the take off speed.
    I live near Zanker Rd/E Tasman and 1st street, I'm surprise you never seen my grom on the road around there. I usually go down to Target to pickup beer or bread or what ever.

The Target store on 1st street and all the buildings over there use to be a big farm land and I use to take my pit bull dog down there and let her run out in the field and now you have all the buildings a couple of hotels and restaurants. The McCarty Ranch Milpitas has a lot of places to go and eat and also if you like Asian food the Ranch 99 size has a varity of Asian style food. Walmart is there in the Ranch area.

We have three grom riders in my community, a black grom, a blue 2018 grom and my 2 OG groms yell/wht and Red/wht grom.

here is both of my groms which travels the roads around Zanker-E.Tasman, 1st street, Hwy 237, Hwy 17 "880" and I live near Samsung USA and the VTA stop.
    Rode the Frankenstein yell/wht grom to Cycle Gear San Jose for Pre-race event-img_4845.jpg

This group is out of the San Jose/Fremont area and they ride all over the Bay area, the Gooniez, I bunch of riders who raise hell on the roadway.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post

I live near Zanker Rd/E Tasman and 1st street, I'm surprise you never seen my grom on the road around there. I usually go down to Target to pickup beer or bread or what ever.

The Target store on 1st street and all the buildings over there use to be a big farm land and I use to take my pit bull dog down there and let her run out in the field and now you have all the buildings a couple of hotels and restaurants. The McCarty Ranch Milpitas has a lot of places to go and eat and also if you like Asian food the Ranch 99 size has a varity of Asian style food. Walmart is there in the Ranch area.

We have three grom riders in my community, a black grom, a blue 2018 grom and my 2 OG groms yell/wht and Red/wht grom.

here is both of my groms which travels the roads around Zanker-E.Tasman, 1st street, Hwy 237, Hwy 17 "880" and I live near Samsung USA and the VTA stop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4845.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	81672

This group is out of the San Jose/Fremont area and they ride all over the Bay area, the Gooniez, I bunch of riders who raise hell on the roadway.
    You may see me around soon. Our lab is at Zanker and Trimble, so a little further south from you, but not far. I’ve stayed at the Hilton there by Levi a ton, and once at the Milpitas garden inn for a week, right by that Ranch 99.

I’ve got a van, but I intend to use the Grom as my primary transportation. See a problem with that? I am still worried about how fast I can take off. I’m OG and all stock. No bbk like yours haha.

EDIT: WAS THERE A CARSEAT ON THE BACK OF ONE OF THOSE GROMS IN THE VIDEO?!?!
    Last edited by Kapurnicus; 07-16-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Sponsored Links