Painting my Grom
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Painting my Grom

This is a discussion on Painting my Grom within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Hi, I've decided to paint my adventure build Grom while I have all the plastics off doing horrible things to the electrical system and intake. ...

Thread: Painting my Grom

This user has no status.

Member #

Painting my Grom

Hi,

I've decided to paint my adventure build Grom while I have all the plastics off doing horrible things to the electrical system and intake. Plus naked bikes are fun! What advice do you have? It seems the steps are:

Clean and lightly sand everything. Then clean it again.

Primer coat.

Two part paint.

I'll be doing this outdoors, its very dry and hot here and my biggest enemy will be desert dust. But fixing that seems like just waiting for the right still hot day.

What sort of paint sprayer should I use? I'm not doing any fancy graphics but I have not settled on color. It will probably be a flat OD green or Coyote brown, with a few pieces in another color. I was tempted to buy an airbrush since I have other uses for it, but I am not sure if it will flow two part paint. Should I use a bigger automotive sprayer? I don't own a compressor currently, but will totally consider getting one. Also, what should I look for in a paint / primer? Any brand recommendations?

Also, would painting my Chimera intake be a bad idea? I'd probably use some sort of high temp black, but wondered if this would make any real difference heat wise. Thanks!
    ---
    2018 Grom
    2017 RAM 6.7 diesel, 1978 German Ford Capri, Jeep Wrangler and others. Oh, and horses. Like the living kind.

Former two stroke moped nut.
    ---

is just riding.

Member #
    Odometer
    Painting my Grom-purp..jpg

Plasti-Dip it. It's much cheaper and you can change the color at anytime for cheap. Plus the sprayer itself is only $79 https://www.amazon.com/Earlex-HV3500...71132421&psc=1
    Last edited by Fat Will; 07-06-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Sponsored Links