New to groms need help
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

New to groms need help

This is a discussion on New to groms need help within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Okay so i bought a used grom, it has some kind of aftermarket rear tail light and the rear running light does not work. It ...

Thread: New to groms need help

This user has no status.

Member #

New to groms need help

Okay so i bought a used grom, it has some kind of aftermarket rear tail light and the rear running light does not work. It had this issue when i bought it originally, i fixed it for a short time period by rerunning the wires for the tail light but went out again just checked my wiring, no issues but when i check with my volt meter theres no power so it has to be deeper then my wiring loom and I've never touched one of these and would like advice before i just jump in. Break light still works.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Just buy a OEM Honda grom wire loom and replace the one that is in the grom, lots of work but you will be happy at the end knowing you will not be stuck some where on the roadway not knowing what went wrong.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    When you say running light do you mean the white, license plate light? If so that gets power from different wires than the tail light does. It may be as simple as that or maybe the light bulb is burned out if you haven't already checked that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    When you say running light do you mean the white, license plate light? If so that gets power from different wires than the tail light does. It may be as simple as that or maybe the light bulb is burned out if you haven't already checked that.
    The license plate light still works, im talking about the actual break light should have a dim red light when running and be brighter when breaks are pressed

is Member

Member #
    Odometer
    Have you checked the fuses under the seat? If it was working with your wiring fix before, and you checked that the wiring you repaired still looks okay, a blown fuse from either a shorted wire, or from an internal short in the aftermarket tail-light assembly seems like the most likely scenario. I'm not sure which fuses run which components, I would just check each one though. What does the rest of the wiring harness look like? if the whole thing is in tatters, I agree with CiscoSJ, would be best to replace the complete harness and start fresh; no need to do that if it hasn't been cut into in any serious way. Do you know where the aftermarket tail and brake light assembly is from? If it's a cheap one, you might consider replacing with OEM or better, the cheap ones are dimmer than stock, which is dangerous, they can produce heat which can burn them up or blow a fuse, and some of them have smoked lenses which are surprisingly popular for what an obviously bad idea they are.

Sponsored Links