Summer temps here 90F and above, time to remap my Aracer
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Summer temps here 90F and above, time to remap my Aracer within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I like to change my map on my groms when the temperature changes between winter and summer time since the air density is different. We've ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CiscoSanJose
  • 1 Post By farkas
  • 1 Post By tooter

Thread: Summer temps here 90F and above, time to remap my Aracer

is Living the Dream

Member #

I like to change my map on my groms when the temperature changes between winter and summer time since the air density is different. We've been having 90F in the San Jose area and I notice that my cylinder, head and oil temps have gone up about 20F from winter time oil was 168F to 186F, cylinder went from 205 to 230/240F, head has gone from 189F to 210F.

At the stop light it goes up about 5-10F from the above readings.
    tooter likes this.

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    lol, you're hilarious man.
    50-50 likes this.

is is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist

Member #
    So you're not having more ''luck'' with aRacer compared to the PCV it seems.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    soooo.... wait, you mean to tell me that all monitored temps go up when ambient temps go up?

SHOCKER!

Never have to worry about this with my finbro, just let her sit n idle for 5 min for it to warmup and figure out some base fueling during me getting gear on and go. from 30*F to 110*F never an issue.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Fuel injection was invented so you didn't have to tune carbs for the season...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Fuel injection was invented so you didn't have to tune carbs for the season...

In all my time with carbs, once setup for the relative altitude I rode in most of the time... i was good for a wide range of temps as well. Tuned for 3k ft above sealevel my dirbikes, they would ride fine 30-100*f ambients anywhere from sealevel to ~8k ft.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    In all my time with carbs, once setup for the relative altitude I rode in most of the time... i was good for a wide range of temps as well. Tuned for 3k ft above sealevel my dirbikes, they would ride fine 30-100*f ambients anywhere from sealevel to ~8k ft.
    Most people don't tune carbs per season, but guys that want the most power do.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    So you're not having more ''luck'' with aRacer compared to the PCV it seems.
    Zero Issues with the aracer, way better than the PCV -WB02 for EZ of use

Look at GromFatherZ he knows when a good ECU is needed he sticks with Aracer esp the RC-1, I have the mini2+ and might move up to the mini-5 due to the fact I can download the app and use it to tune my grom from my smartphone. Right now I'm not sure if they have the full version apps for the iphone.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    I like to change my map on my groms when the temperature changes between winter and summer time since the air density is different. We've been having 90F in the San Jose area and I notice that my cylinder, head and oil temps have gone up about 20F from winter time oil was 168F to 186F, cylinder went from 205 to 230/240F, head has gone from 189F to 210F.

At the stop light it goes up about 5-10F from the above readings.
    I don't see anything wrong with fine tuning if that's what you enjoy doing. Groms make a fun test bed to try things out just to see how they work. I'm always making little changes to find out what results they'll produce. Air cooled engines are designed to operate decently in a pretty wide temperature range.

My interest is in efficiency and economy and I've found that ambient air temperature affects gas mileage on an air cooled engine. Warm weather and Summer blend fuel produce the best results. From Winter to Summer the spread is about 13 mpg... from about 132 mpg to about 145 mpg. I'm always looking for ways to increase it.
    solidjohnny likes this.
    2018 GROM:
    TOCE Dual Exhaust
    Yuminashi ECU
    TST Rear Fender Eliminator
    TST Taillight +Signal Lights
    TST Front Signal Lights
    Dinger Built Extra Long Intake
    Honda Monkey Rear Sets
    Honda Monkey Front Fender
    Honda Monkey Fork Guards
    Honda Black Plastics