Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2 within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; How are you guys changing oil without getting it all over your Yoshi RS-2 exhaust? I cut a water bottle to prevent the oil from ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer

How are you guys changing oil without getting it all over your Yoshi RS-2 exhaust?

I cut a water bottle to prevent the oil from the drain plug running onto the pipe, but how in the world do you take the side cover off without it dripping right onto the exhaust? All I can think of is putting a towel or drop cloth over the exhaust and hoping I don’t knock it off while removing the side cover.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2-5ad75e37-19ec-4c88-b658-5f3ada3f8c0a_1559507424895.jpeg   Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2-c53e6ebd-055f-4085-8bad-336449d3a6b0_1559507465352.jpeg  

Banned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    just let it drip on the exhaust and clean it off with brakleen after? a bit of oil isn't going to ruin anything
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
    just let it drip on the exhaust and clean it off with brakleen after? a bit of oil isn't going to ruin anything
    That's obviously an option, but why? I mean I could skip a drain pan, drain the oil on the garage floor and then clean that up, but why would I do that? I'm trying to work smarter not harder. LOL Just seeing if people have some ideas and techniques that I haven't thought of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is enjoying the riding conditions

Member #
    Odometer
    I used aluminum foil, and I’ve used a HardRacing trick with a plastic USPS shipping envelope. Any oil that got on pipe came off easily w/WD40.
    50-50 likes this.
    2018 Grom White, Yoshimura pipe, Kitaco clutch cover kit, Takegawa Super oil pump, Kitaco clutch springs, HR billet clutch plate, Vagabond rack w/fender eliminator, K&N filter, Pro-taper Mini Hon bar, OPmid 2 temp/volt meter, PV3 flash tool, Koso TT mirrors, OTB Gen 2 billet chain adjuster w/spools

This user has no status.

Member #
    I do the same and use aluminum foil or padded envelope like hard racing showed in one of the videos they made.
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
    I did it this way, I use gyeon prep to clean up.. it takes 2secs to wipe down the exhaust which is not a big deal.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonafyd View Post
    I did it this way, I use gyeon prep to clean up.. it takes 2secs to wipe down the exhaust which is not a big deal.
    I've never heard of Gyeon, but the Yoshi manual recommends "Bar Keeper's Friend" which I've also never heard of. I picked up some of the "MORE" version at Lowe's. It does seem like a good cleaner. It removed a lot of junk and things that look like stains. The more baked on stains either need a lot more soak and scrub time and elbow grease or maybe some of the more abrasive flavors of Bar Keeper's Friend.

I like the aluminum foil idea. Even some shrink wrap would probably work. You'd just have to remember to remove it before starting the bike. That what he messy if you forgot to remove it.
    tooter likes this.

is enjoying the riding conditions

Member #
    Odometer
    To remove oil or baked on stains, use a soaked dryer sheet in Dawn dishwashing soap also does a great job, environmentally safe too.
    tooter and 50-50 like this.
    2018 Grom White, Yoshimura pipe, Kitaco clutch cover kit, Takegawa Super oil pump, Kitaco clutch springs, HR billet clutch plate, Vagabond rack w/fender eliminator, K&N filter, Pro-taper Mini Hon bar, OPmid 2 temp/volt meter, PV3 flash tool, Koso TT mirrors, OTB Gen 2 billet chain adjuster w/spools

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    I like the aluminum foil idea.
    Same here.
    Foil works nicely because it can easily be molded to the pipe and won't slip off.
    50-50 likes this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    I've never heard of Gyeon, but the Yoshi manual recommends "Bar Keeper's Friend" which I've also never heard of. I picked up some of the "MORE" version at Lowe's. It does seem like a good cleaner. It removed a lot of junk and things that look like stains. The more baked on stains either need a lot more soak and scrub time and elbow grease or maybe some of the more abrasive flavors of Bar Keeper's Friend.

I like the aluminum foil idea. Even some shrink wrap would probably work. You'd just have to remember to remove it before starting the bike. That what he messy if you forgot to remove it.
    Gyeon prep is an IPA cleaner. bar keepers friend is"Non abrasive" polish 2 different approaches that both work.
    I'd use bar keepers friend to remove a stain on the yoshi or even glass since it's a non abrasive "polish" but for a quick wipe down any IPA soloution works.

my power washer & snow blower recommends ethanol shield brand fuel stabilizer which i've never heard of before in my life. I use sta-bil and they still start with no issues.
    50-50 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links