Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2 - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2

This is a discussion on Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2 within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I've got a Fumoto oil drain valve on my Grom. It may be overkill, but it makes oil changes not as messy. Also, I've verified ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've got a Fumoto oil drain valve on my Grom. It may be overkill, but it makes oil changes not as messy. Also, I've verified the new valve is flush with the oil pan, so oil won't pool around the drain...
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikochu View Post
    I've got a Fumoto oil drain valve on my Grom. It may be overkill, but it makes oil changes not as messy. Also, I've verified the new valve is flush with the oil pan, so oil won't pool around the drain...
    Got any photos of that installed? I've read people use it, but I'd be worried about that thing hanging down underneath the engine.

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    check out this thing called "Form-A-Funnel" - might be helpful for you guys.

https://www.amazon.com/Form-Funnel-F.../dp/B017MTFIYE
    50-50 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    check out this thing called "Form-A-Funnel" - might be helpful for you guys.

https://www.amazon.com/Form-Funnel-F.../dp/B017MTFIYE
    Holy cow that's awesome as long as it doesn't try to return to flat by itself. But this, and some of the other suggestions above, are why I started this thread. Thanks for the heads up on that one!

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Holy cow that's awesome as long as it doesn't try to return to flat by itself. But this, and some of the other suggestions above, are why I started this thread. Thanks for the heads up on that one!
    Not sure if its lead (feels like it based off the weight) that is encased in "rubber", but it will hold its shape. Although if you hold it horizontal while its flat, it will flop under its own weight. You gotta have a U-shape, then it will hold. It works better than aluminum foil, in my opinion.
    Last edited by solidjohnny; 06-04-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    50-50 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    Not sure if its lead (feels like it based off the weight) that is encased in "rubber", but it will hold its shape. Although if you hold it horizontal while its flat, it will flop under its own weight. You gotta have a U-shape, then it will hold. It works better than aluminum foil, in my opinion.
    After making my post I checked it out on YouTube to see if it retains its shape. And, like you said, it does. The video below shows that.

It seems like it's well worth the money. I'm definitely picking one up!

solidjohnny likes this.

is enjoying the riding conditions

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikochu View Post
    I have a Fumoto valve on my 15 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel and oil changes are mess free, especially with 3 gallons of oil discharging. Post a pic if you can.
    2018 Grom White, Yoshimura pipe, Kitaco clutch cover kit, Takegawa Super oil pump, Kitaco clutch springs, HR billet clutch plate, Vagabond rack w/fender eliminator, K&N filter, Pro-taper Mini Hon bar, OPmid 2 temp/volt meter, PV3 flash tool, Koso TT mirrors, OTB Gen 2 billet chain adjuster w/spools

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    The IXIL exhaust has a well thought out feature in that it bends around the oil plug.

Changing Oil With Yoshimura RS-2-img_1098.jpg

I use a magnetic gold plug to catch the hardened ferrous wear surface particles.

2018 GROM:
    TST Rear Fender Eliminator
    TST Taillight +Signal Lights
    TST Front Signal Lights
    Dinger Built Extra Long Intake
    IXIL Dual Exhaust
    Yuminashi ECU
    Kitaco Case Cover w/Oil Filter
    Takagawa High Volume Oil Pump
    Honda Monkey Rear Sets
    Honda Monkey Front Fender
    Honda Monkey Fork Guards
    Honda Black Plastics
    G Craft Rear Rack
    Cargo Crate

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Well Yoshi did the loop for the longer length exhaust while keeping the weight low and centralized. It makes all the sense in the world. It just makes changing the oil a little bit of a challenge especially when you have to remove the side cover. I wish Honda would have changed the cover of this engine to give us something easier to maintain since it's a street bike. That didn't happen so we have to deal with it.

I ordered up one of the Form-A-Funnels that solidjohnny suggested. That should help a lot! I did also install a Gold Plug. The socket is TIGHT on that hex head. I like that a lot.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Here's the Fumoto B109SX oil drain valve on my 2018 Grom:

It's got a clip lock just in case and I've got a piece of tubing with a Fumoto nipple that snaps on and off easily.

I don't have a photo of the inlet, but I'll post a photo when I do an oil change.
    Last edited by mikochu; 06-06-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    50-50 likes this.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links