Possible fix for 4v heads using Yuminashi cam tensioner arm
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Possible fix for 4v heads using Yuminashi cam tensioner arm within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; So I took a picture of the flat chain on the Yuminashi arm and I guess most users are concern that the flat chain is ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Possible fix for 4v heads using Yuminashi cam tensioner arm

is Living the Dream

Member #

So I took a picture of the flat chain on the Yuminashi arm and I guess most users are concern that the flat chain is not riding between the channel, as you can see in my pic that the chain is riding on the two edge of the guide wall. Solution one is to cut the two side walls down to the thickness of the dyron, which means no side walls.
    Possible fix for 4v heads using Yuminashi cam tensioner arm-img_5223-copy.jpg

I will do a test fit and see how the flat chain rides and see if maybe I should just cut one side wall at lease to have some guide for the chain using the other wall. So many DIY options.

Since no one has used this Yuminashi arm I was thinking to myself what if the chain is so pose to be mounted like this or rides in the channel like this.
    Possible fix for 4v heads using Yuminashi cam tensioner arm-img_5224-copy.jpg

What Yuminashi should have done to fix this problem was to have done a center guide wall running the length of the arm, this would solve the chain from moving left or right and test fit these arms for either a stock 2v head or a BBK kit 4v head.

For me I thing I will machine one of the arms that I bought to remove both side walls and adjust the tip that goes into the head so the chain does not come off at a steep angle going onto the arm. I might try to put the wheel that goes into the cylinder channel as the guide for the flat chain so it will not try to go side to side when the engine is running.

DIY or bust.

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    so they sell a cam chain tensioner that doesn't work with the cam chain they sell. lol. man oh man...
    50-50 likes this.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

is doing grom things

Member #
    I sent them an email with this picture, and asked if they could send me the correct part... this is what I got in return.

F*** these guys and Yuminashi as a whole. Hopefully people see this and steer clear of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m in sc View Post
    so they sell a cam chain tensioner that doesn't work with the cam chain they sell. lol. man oh man...
    there's no online how to install and the parts seem to be either miss-match or designed wrong for BBK kit 4v engine. Most of the parts was designed for stock heads with 2v.

just looking at some of the design work looks like someone either miss-measured some parts.

Contacted Yuminashi via email and I guess they either don't understand English or don't know how to use the translator function.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Wow, I'm actually glad I pulled these items of of my cart at the last minute on my last purchase through them. I did get their idler wheel for inside the cylinder to add to my GF manual tensioner and new stock chain.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

Member #
    like i said, i will -never- trust hardware from there ever again, got burned once already. that tensioner probably wont fit a stock chain either. plate width should be the same regardless of if its their chain or not.(or damn close)... i *think* its a 210 series chain.
    Last edited by m in sc; 05-13-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

is Living the Dream

Member #
    yep if they "yuminashi" just got rid of the two side walls and had a center strip down the whole length of the arm it would work. Even when contacting Yuminashi they seem to don't respond to customer concern.

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post

Since no one has used this Yuminashi arm I was thinking to myself what if the chain is so pose to be mounted like this or rides in the channel like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5224 copy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	80144
    I've been running this for over 500-600 miles now on my stock bore 2v. I told you in the past TWO threads you posted about this.

I've noticed a lot of the recent chain guides he's been selling have been different than the one I received early on because my chain actually fit. Dipshit probably started buying a cheaper one to resell at the same price hoping no one would notice. Once again, Yuminashi doesn't make these.. ProjectFI thailand does. If you order from them you can get the correct part they actually make for MSX, but communication might be a barrier.

Glad I haven't had these issues everyone else has... Owner of Yuminashi is a total assbag.
    Last edited by farkas; 05-14-2019 at 07:03 AM.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by farkas View Post
    I've been running this for over 500-600 miles now on my stock bore 2v. I told you in the past TWO threads you posted about this.

I've noticed a lot of the recent chain guides he's been selling have been different than the one I received early on because my chain actually fit. Dipshit probably started buying a cheaper one to resell at the same price hoping no one would notice. Once again, Yuminashi doesn't make these.. ProjectFI thailand does. If you order from them you can get the correct part they actually make for MSX, but communication might be a barrier.

Glad I haven't had these issues everyone else has... Owner of Yuminashi is a total assbag.
    Greatly appreciate the heads up on the company that sells the correct part.

By any chance do you have a picture showing how the flat chain should be riding on the cam tension, is it riding between the two walls and in the channel!!!??

I think for my first test is to remove the side walls via sanding it down and adjust the pitch angle as it comes off the cam sprocket so it is at a better angle. It will sort of look like my cam guides that I have on my hayabusa engine once I get it DIY modded.
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 05-14-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Member #
    I'd install that right into the trashcan where it belongs. if you are able, measure it out, cad it up, and have it laser cut out a of a length of delrin.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links