Akrapovič: What You May Not Know About The Best-Known Brand In Exhausts
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Akrapovič: What You May Not Know About The Best-Known Brand In Exhausts within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Akrapovič. You might have that word on your bike’s exhaust, and you’ve certainly seen Akrapovič’s distinctive logo on thousands of racing vehicles over the years, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Motorcycle.com
  • 2 Post By m in sc

Thread: Akrapovič: What You May Not Know About The Best-Known Brand In Exhausts

Sponsored Editorial Content
    This user has no status.

Member #

Akrapovič: What You May Not Know About The Best-Known Brand In Exhausts-040119-akrapovic-exhausts-f.jpg
    Akrapovič. You might have that word on your bike’s exhaust, and you’ve certainly seen Akrapovič’s distinctive logo on thousands of racing vehicles over the years, from MotoGP, WorldSBK, MXGP to Dakar and even to four-wheeled competition in the FIA World Endurance Championship. When Jorge Lorenzo clinched the 2015 MotoGP World Championship for Yamaha, Akrapovič took home its 100th world-championship title; just 15 years after American Colin Edwards (Honda) won WorldSBK title in 2000, first world championship title for Akrapovič exhaust.

Read More >>
    tooter likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Well, I just "Googled" the one for the SF Grom.......Revzilla sells them......they look very nice, and are generally well-regarded in the motorcycling world, but dang......at $700 (for the SF Grom exhaust), this thing had better be really special. For my own purposes, I think that is way too much for me spend on such an item.

is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom

Member #
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    Well, I just "Googled" the one for the SF Grom.......Revzilla sells them......they look very nice, and are generally well-regarded in the motorcycling world, but dang......at $700 (for the SF Grom exhaust), this thing had better be really special. For my own purposes, I think that is way too much for me spend on such an item.
    Same... I would love to rock a Akrapovic Exhaust, but at that price point I could just go BBk lol
    Super!Stock 2018 DSR Honda Grom

Dhm Custom Hi Comp Piston
    Dhm Race Ported Cylinder Hd
    Dhm Velocity Intake Dcr2 Cam
    Hindle Exhaust Stock Ported TB
    Lightend Flywheel and Oil spinner
    Takgawa Crank Support 4th Bearing
    Takgawa Hi Ign Coil w/NGK Race Cable
    Takgawa Hi Flw Oil Pump w/Opmid Gauge
    EBC Srk122 kit Billet plate w/SMR Springs
    EBC Brake Pads w/ Wave Rotors
    SpeedLinez Brake Lines w/Short Levers
    Ohlin Fork Springs, Ohlin HO 424 Rear Shock
    GF Billet Vented Cam Cover and Speed Spacers

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    lol, my thoughts exactly. They use some very high end material in the manufacturing of their exhausts but dang they could've at least included an O2 bung in that price.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

is Living the Dream

Member #
    If you have a OG grom the best full exhaust I found was Finbro 183-2v or their 204-4v full exhaust system, I had Yosh RS9 full exhaust system and for my build I found that the Finbro full exhaust system was the best for my Takegawa 181-4v and their price is reasonable.

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    .. hindle. thats the best bang for the buck hands down and the pipe the fastest guys use.
    Djezspin and skipr like this.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

Sponsored Editorial Content
    This user has no status.

Member #
    We reached out to Akrapovic for more information on this, and this system does actually come with a BUNG. Heres a link they provided us with of this schematic: https://d1sfhav1wboke3.cloudfront.ne..._Generated.pdf

For more info, please get in touch with the company directly here: [email protected]

Sponsored Links