Fuel Consumption - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Fuel Consumption

This is a discussion on Fuel Consumption within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by john2018 Wow! that's great! you must be a very experienced and professional bike rider, I'm just a new rider, still a little ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 38 of 38
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Fuel Consumption

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!
     
    Djezspin's Avatar
    Member #
    29800
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Odometer
    4848
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by john2018 View Post
    Wow! that's great! you must be a very experienced and professional bike rider, I'm just a new rider, still a little afraid of the wind when I'm going at 50mph, afraid of left turns, I try to do left hand green arrows only
    When I see another rider, I try to go behind him or at least I feel better knowing that I'm not alone.
    lol, it was in no way targeting you for being "afraid", lol. Trust me I take my time and walk the bike at certain points in traffic, but I keep my bike moving regardless. To be honest I always keep a little bit of fear when riding at all times. When one gets over-confident and loses all fear then they are destined to have something bad happen. Never lose that fear. I may be an experienced rider but when I moved to California I did a lot of sitting in traffic and actually refused to lane split, it was a bit nerve wracking, that was until my HD twin cam started hitting 345 degree head temps in traffic, so I decided to just go for it. Take your time and do what you are comfortable with and always remember, every "cager is out to get you, lol.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    john2018's Avatar
    Member #
    30984
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    Odometer
    1,768
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Djezspin View Post
    lol, it was in no way targeting you for being "afraid", lol. Trust me I take my time and walk the bike at certain points in traffic, but I keep my bike moving regardless. To be honest I always keep a little bit of fear when riding at all times. When one gets over-confident and loses all fear then they are destined to have something bad happen. Never lose that fear. I may be an experienced rider but when I moved to California I did a lot of sitting in traffic and actually refused to lane split, it was a bit nerve wracking, that was until my HD twin cam started hitting 345 degree head temps in traffic, so I decided to just go for it. Take your time and do what you are comfortable with and always remember, every "cager is out to get you, lol.
    I did not feel that you are targeting me, not at all. I agree with you, thanks for sharing your experience with me. I'm learning a lot from all of you guys. Thanks all.
    Grom 2018 Modifications:
    Yoshimura RS-2, Vagabond Cargo Rack & Fender Eliminator, GIVI Top Box.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    is between rain storms :-)
     
    FluxCapacitor's Avatar
    Member #
    31500
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Odometer
    3048
    Posts
    124
    The first couple of gallons I was having too much fun to keep track!

    The last couple of fill ups were looking at 100mpg. The gauge seems quite accurate, when down to the last bar it takes 1gal to fill up.

    Finally pushed it tonight until the blinking fuel segment came on, that was at 120 miles on the trip meter.
    2018 Matte Gray Metallic
    Koso TT Mirrors - Carbon
    Vagabond Motorsports Fender Eliminator
    JT 35t Rear Sprocket
    RK 420 Gold Chain

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    tooter's Avatar
    Member #
    30592
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    unincorporated rural Los Angeles County
    Odometer
    2000
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by john2018 View Post
    Thanks for you info. You are a very meticulous person! 139.0 mpg is awesome!
    I'm constantly experimenting.
    A lightened 216 pound bike with a TOCE exhaust, DingerBuilt intake, and Yuminashi ECU gets me 142.6 mpg. Right now I'm still testing the IXIL exhaust which is getting 137.2 mpg so far which is slightly less than the TOCE. Warm California weather and Summer blend really help an air cooled engine to run more efficiently So this Summer my goal is to hit 150 mpg.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

  6. #35
    Junior Member
    is loving Grom life!
     
    FuriousD's Avatar
    Member #
    31376
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Odometer
    300
    Posts
    16
    You could check out Fuelly, there are a number of Grom on there. Problem is, it won't tell you anything about HOW people ride them.

    Honda Grom 125 MPG - Actual MPG from 215 Honda Grom 125 owners
    tooter likes this.

  7. #36
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    tooter's Avatar
    Member #
    30592
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    unincorporated rural Los Angeles County
    Odometer
    2000
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousD View Post
    You could check out Fuelly, there are a number of Grom on there. Problem is, it won't tell you anything about HOW people ride them.

    Honda Grom 125 MPG - Actual MPG from 215 Honda Grom 125 owners
    I get decent gas mileage by riding my Grom like a regular transportation vehicle. The engine is always between 3,000 and 6,000 rpms and because it gets good low rpm torque it doesn't need to be wound up to get moving. 4th gear is good down to 26 mph without lugging the engine.
    Last edited by tooter; 05-29-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

  8. #37
    Member
    Supporting Member
    This user has no status.
     
    zroger73's Avatar
    Member #
    31978
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by tooter View Post
    I'm the only one here who keeps gas mileage logs.
    Not any more!

    I keep both spreadsheets and Fuelly logs for all of my vehicles. I also have every window sticker from every new vehicle I've ever purchased since my first one in 1992.

    zroger73's Profile | Fuelly
    tooter likes this.
    2019 Honda Grom 125 (MSX125), 2019 Honda PCX150, 2014 Interceptor (VFR800F)

  9. #38
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    tooter's Avatar
    Member #
    30592
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    unincorporated rural Los Angeles County
    Odometer
    2000
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post
    Not any more!

    I keep both spreadsheets and Fuelly logs for all of my vehicles. I also have every window sticker from every new vehicle I've ever purchased since my first one in 1992.

    zroger73's Profile | Fuelly
    Sounds like we both have the same disease. (lol)

    My last two Grom fill ups averaged 148.9 mpg... a combination of hot weather, Summer blend gasoline, and short shifting. I also save the original stickers and paperwork for all my new vehicles and bikes and give them to the new owners when I sell them.
    zroger73 likes this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. TB cam = fuel starvation - injector or fuel hose
    By Reeny in forum Grom Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-29-2018, 01:25 AM
  2. Akrapovic Slip on any mods required? Fuel consumption?
    By timmysd88 in forum Grom Gear and Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 05:45 AM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 04:04 PM