Fuel Consumption - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Fuel Consumption

This is a discussion on Fuel Consumption within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Last tank, I got 88 MPG with the DHM 186, intake, exhaust, custom PV3 tune, and I'm WOT every chance I get. I should be ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Fuel Consumption

This user has no status.

Member #
    Last tank, I got 88 MPG with the DHM 186, intake, exhaust, custom PV3 tune, and I'm WOT every chance I get. I should be getting the DHM 186 ECU in tomorrow, so I'll see how that fares.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock + PV3 | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header + Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs + Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | Steady Garage Flush Signals | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    This is a big mystery to be solved! Because I filled it up, I went to work 2 days, that's 68 miles, honestly, I checked the tank and I hardly see any gasoline in the tank, so I thought it was almost empty. I filled it up again and the gas pump reports 0.7 gallon dispensed. This means that the tank had 0.8 gallon of gasoline remaining and not empty as I thought. That would be about 148 miles range with the 1.5 gallon tank. If my motorcycle makes about 10 miles per each 10th of a gallon. At 134 mph claimed by Honda, the range with 1.5 gallon tank should do 201 miles.
    Grom 2018 Modifications:
    Yoshimura RS-2

This user has no status.

Member #
    its a grom... you get 70+ mpg, i never bothered to track it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Huh. It says the Grom's tank is 1.45 gallons. I always top off with one to two bars left and I always fill up around .85 gallons...does that make sense? wtf.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock + PV3 | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header + Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs + Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | Steady Garage Flush Signals | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom

Member #
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach! Keep it Clean...
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    Jheesh I thought I was the only one reading this thread, Thinking its a gallon of gas getting 75/85 mpg, how is this a problem...

The only thing thats sucks is the tank is tiny so you have to stop to get gas more often, 80 miles per tank is still good though Imo

I agree with Cisco unless your tuning for mods your fine with using 87octane
    Last edited by dubSolo; 04-04-2019 at 08:05 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Yes, I know, but still for me is good to know how many miles per gallon this motorcycle makes and what is the full range with a full tank of gas.
    I know if I go with a bigger bike like a 650cc ~ 750cc the fuel consumption is almost as a corolla or civic or worse.

For example, the CBR300R makes 71 mpg, so they say, real life driving I'm guessing 50 ~ 60 mpg. So judging from these figures a 750cc I'd be getting like 30 mpg less than a corolla. Interesting no one tells exactly how many mpg they get in their bike. Even in Honda's site, they don't put that info. What a tabue!
    Grom 2018 Modifications:
    Yoshimura RS-2

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by dubSolo View Post
    Jheesh I thought I was the only one reading this thread, Thinking its a gallon of gas getting 75/85 mpg, how is this a problem...

The only thing thats sucks is the tank is tiny so you have to stop to get gas more often, 80 miles per tank is still good though Imo

I agree with Cisco unless your tuning for mods your fine with using 87octane
    Well, I don't have a problem with the motorcycle making 80mpg or so, my problem is with the manufacturers lying about the Grom making 134mpg. They should say 80mpg min to a 134mpg max. Like cars that make 28mpg (streets) ~ 40mpg (high way), they give you a min and a max, no matter how you drive the car. And this was imposed by the government otherwise they could sell us a car based on lies. Fuel consumption is very important for many people to buy a vehicle, as in California the price of gallon of gas is about $4.00 now. I bought the Grom for daily commute only not to do wheelies. I don't want to keep paying $300 a month on gasoline and sitting 4 hrs in traffic daily. Have you driven at 7am or 4pm in the 405, 10, 5, 710, 105, 110 fwys lately?
    Last edited by john2018; 04-04-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    tooter likes this.
    Grom 2018 Modifications:
    Yoshimura RS-2

is all Big Blocked and ready to
    roll

Member #
    Mystery solved!!
    dubSolo likes this.
    2014 Black Grom
    2019 Red Monkey

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikochu View Post
    Last tank, I got 88 MPG with the DHM 186, intake, exhaust, custom PV3 tune, and I'm WOT every chance I get. I should be getting the DHM 186 ECU in tomorrow, so I'll see how that fares.
    Thanks for giving me a straight answer. I'll post my results using 87 octane and 91 octane with my existing modifications.
    Last edited by john2018; 04-04-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    Grom 2018 Modifications:
    Yoshimura RS-2

is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom

Member #
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach! Keep it Clean...
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by john2018 View Post
    Fuel consumption is very important for many people to buy a vehicle, as in California the price of gallon of gas is about $4.00 now. I bought the Grom for daily commute only not to do wheelies. I don't want to keep paying $300 a month on gasoline and seating 4 hrs in traffic daily. Have you driven at 7am or 4pm in the 405, 10, 5, 710, 105, 110 fwys lately?
    I hear ya, for what its worth when running exhaust, intake, Pcv with afr value of 13.3 wot and mild timing bump on my stock bore grom I averaged 120miles per tank... But im in Florida, environment might have something to do with the differences.

Havent sat in Cali traffic in over 20yrs, I personally PROBLY wouldnt get on the freeway with a mostly stock grom, I thought lane splitting was Legal in Cali you shouldnt be sitting in any traffic. Unless you were pertaining to sitting in traffic in your Vehicle that definitly sucks ass and thats everyday for Cali

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links