I may be done
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

I may be done

This is a discussion on I may be done within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I started my build with a goal of being able to cruise my big arse (200+ with gear) at 55 mph regardless of the conditions. ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By kc4sox

Thread: I may be done

is Dragin them Knees

Member #

I may be done

I started my build with a goal of being able to cruise my big arse (200+ with gear) at 55 mph regardless of the conditions. In order to be able to get on the highway when it was necessary to expedite travel time. ( 90% of my riding is backroads ar or under 45mph ). Well after more money than I care to recall I’ve one upped myself. I can now cruise at 60+mph at or under 7500 rpms all day regardless of the conditions. I wanted to be able to pull this off in order to not have to rev the ever living crap out of the bike for longevity’s sake. I put on a 32T rear tonight to go with the 16T up front and voila ! Along with my engine mods, fueling etc. I’ve surpassed what I thought was attainable with the Grom. So, as long as it holds together and doesn’t wind up a pile of parts on the side of the road, I just may be done throwing money at the Grom ( he says with a smile ). Thanks to this forum and the guys here that have been so helpful when things weren’t going well with the build. You know who you are ! Now it’s my turn to pay it forward.

Ride safe everyone the season is upon us !

I may be done-47c27613-0500-4026-a7da-88a209e74522.jpg
    Last edited by kc4sox; 03-29-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    2018 Grom:

TB Parts 186bbk, DHM big valve ported head, TB Cam, Chimera intake, Two Brothers Tarmac exhaust, PCV / WB2, Seat Concepts, DRO Speedo healer, DID O ring chain, 16/34 gearing.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quitting on one's goals is for losers. MAGA!

Banned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    lol... one is never truly done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom

Member #
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    Congrats KC glad you were able to accomplish what you were wanting out of your Grom,,, Gotta be the best feeling.

BUT! even you wont escape the Dreaded "Just one more thing and then I will" motto... lol jk man Ride Safe and spread that Knowledge

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
    lol... one is never truly done.
    Will definitely AGREE with you there

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by runrunrun View Post
    Quitting on one's goals is for losers. MAGA!
    Sarcasm...?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by kc4sox View Post
    I started my build with a goal of being able to cruise my big arse (200+ with gear) at 55 mph regardless of the conditions. In order to be able to get on the highway when it was necessary to expedite travel time. ( 90% of my riding is backroads ar or under 45mph ). Well after more money than I care to recall I’ve one upped myself. I can now cruise at 60+mph at or under 7500 rpms all day regardless of the conditions. I wanted to be able to pull this off in order to not have to rev the ever living crap out of the bike for longevity’s sake. I put on a 32T rear tonight to go with the 16T up front and voila ! Along with my engine mods, fueling etc. I’ve surpassed what I thought was attainable with the Grom. So, as long as it holds together and doesn’t wind up a pile of parts on the side of the road, I just may be done throwing money at the Grom ( he says with a smile ). Thanks to this forum and the guys here that have been so helpful when things weren’t going well with the build. You know who you are ! Now it’s my turn to pay it forward.

Ride safe everyone the season is upon us !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47C27613-0500-4026-A7DA-88A209E74522.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	79262
    Congrats! I wish I could reach 90mph ~ 100mph on my Grom, now tops 60mph ~ 65mph. I do 100% ridding on the streets but if I could go over 60mph I may try going in the FWY. Even though, at 3:00 pm the top speed on the 10fwy is like 25mph.

Sponsored Links