Seat Concepts ?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Seat Concepts ?

This is a discussion on Seat Concepts ? within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Is anyone riding a seat by Seat Concepts ? I’m just not willing to shell out $400.00 bucks for the Corbin. $190.00 delivered seems much ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Seat Concepts ?

is Dragin them Knees

Member #

Seat Concepts ?

Is anyone riding a seat by Seat Concepts ? I’m just not willing to shell out $400.00 bucks for the Corbin. $190.00 delivered seems much more reasonable. If your riding one, hows the comfort and how was the install ?

Thanks
    2018 Grom:

TB Parts 186bbk, DHM big valve ported head, TB Cam, Chimera intake, Two Brothers Tarmac exhaust, PCV / WB2, Seat Concepts, DRO Speedo healer, DID O ring chain, 16/34 gearing.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    I have seat concepts. The install was quick, maybe 20 minutes or so. As for comfort, it's night and day difference from the stock seat. At first I thought it was going to be a bit stiff, but once I started riding it was amazing. It's hard to explain but I kind of feel like I'm not even sitting in a seat. I no longer feel my boney ass pushing down on anything and the bikes vibrations are pretty much non-existent with the seat concepts.

I was going to go with Corbin for a while but the seat concepts choice turned out better then I thought it would. I also went with the grippy top and carbon sides, another choice I'm happy with.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    I also have the Seat Concepts and still believe it is one of my best mods to date. The install is simple and made even easier when using a pneumatic stapler.

I don't have first hand experience with the Corbin, but those that have them, swear by them.

Good Luck on which ever you choose.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a custom seat. It cost 150, they removed the stock cover, added more foam and recovered it with custom material. Something to consider.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a Seat concepts seat as well. I went went with non-gripper on the top as I wanted to be able to move around on the seat and never really liked the look of gripper material. At low speeds I tend to slide forward and initially regretted not getting the gripper but at higher speeds (above 30) I love having the smooth top. The foam isnt super soft or anything but it is comfortable and you aren't confined to one cramped seating position which is what makes it comfortable for me. I did notice that it made my body catch more wind which is about the only downside. The install for me took longer than it should have because I am a little bit of a perfectionist. I ended up making the folds of fabric on the back of the seat look better than the factory cover and it turned out extremely nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seat Concepts ?-8e5bff50-c1ef-4e4e-9947-0db4eef6b690_1542849170072.jpeg  
    50-50 likes this.
    2018GROM
    -TST fender Eliminator / Tail Light
    -Two Brothers Tarmac Exhaust
    -Kitaco Type 2 cam
    -PCV+WB2
    -Tag Bars

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by fourfiftyare View Post
    I went went with non-gripper on the top as I wanted to be able to move around on the seat and never really liked the look of gripper material.
    Once I made the decision to go with Seat Concepts the hard decision was choosing the top material. They say that the cf (smooth) top is the way to go if you ride wearing jeans. Well I ride with only jeans and I decided to break all the rules and go with the gripper top. I couldn't be happier with the choice I made.

You're right about catching more wind, as I have the same feeling. I didn't measure but the seat itself is only about maybe a 1/4" taller than the stock seat. I've got a 30" inseam and it did not affect me at all.

Definitely a top 5 mod that I've done to my bike. No scratch that, top mod I've done to my bike as I feel like the only MAJOR downfall to the Grom is the damn stock seat. It has to go.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have used seat concepts and Corbin. I prefer seat concepts, it’s cheaper, and more comfortable imo.
    kc4sox likes this.

is fiddling with RZ350's now!

Member #
    Odometer
    I also have a seat concepts (SF).

Best 200 bux I have spent on this Grom.

FWIW the Corbin is to wide at the contact point of the posterior. Much prefer the SC.
    kc4sox likes this.
    2018 Grom
    Koso 170 4V/34mm TB/Koso injector/ DIY intake/ aRacer Mini5 + AF1 + DG1
    Koso pump & chain tensioner/ Stock clutch ring / 60% stiffer springs
    Takegawa Crank Support Bearing / Takegawa Catch Can / Kitaco Clutch cover
    Clear cam sprocket cover/ Egay oil Cooler
    Ohlins F&R / Hindle exhaust w DB killer / Galfer brake line w EBC HH Pads
    Pro Taper grips, G2 throttle tube / Gromfatherz axle spacers
    Kepspeed alum. swingarm / Bar end mirror, RAM mount, USB Port
    Seat Concepts / Opmid V2

This user has no status.

Member #
    Kitaco ideal seat on webike is the best choice, imho.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I bit the bullet and got the Corbin, super expensive but I'm really happy with it. It's so comfortable you really don't want to get off, the stock seat had my back hurting in no time. It completely changes the feel and ride, and absorbs tons of road shock the stock seat directly passes along to your posterior. I haven't tried the seat concepts or others, but you will be happy to ditch the new style seat whatever option you choose!
    Seat Concepts ?-grom-corbin.jpg
    Djezspin and Vinnie13 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links