Can a stock grom cam be grounded to a performance cam duration such as Crowner?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Can a stock grom cam be grounded to a performance cam duration such as Crowner? within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I was wondering if a stock grom cam be grounded/mod to a performance cam duration such as some of these other performance cams coming out ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grom1202

Thread: Can a stock grom cam be grounded to a performance cam duration such as Crowner?

is Living the Dream

Member #

I was wondering if a stock grom cam be grounded/mod to a performance cam duration such as some of these other performance cams coming out for the Grom and if so who can I send my cam to and what is the price range to have it re-grounded or is it better to buy one from these performance cam manufacturers.

If it can be done does anyone know of a place in Northern Calif that will do it if not who is the best in the country for that or can BrianS and his team do it!!!!

I know it might be a dumb questions for some members here but I'm sure other Grom owners are wondering about this also.

Ride safe all

is getting ready to cross the US,
    AGAIN!!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    I was wondering if a stock grom cam be grounded/mod to a performance cam duration such as some of these other performance cams coming out for the Grom and if so who can I send my cam to and what is the price range to have it re-grounded or is it better to buy one from these performance cam manufacturers.

If it can be done does anyone know of a place in Northern Calif that will do it if not who is the best in the country for that or can BrianS and his team do it!!!!

I know it might be a dumb questions for some members here but I'm sure other Grom owners are wondering about this also.

Ride safe all
    You can modify it but modifying involves removing material, thus opposite of a performance profile. You can modify it for less duration and less lift. In other words no, it cannot be modified for performance.
    Yes, I'm that crazy guy that rode cross country and back...on a GROM

is BRaap

Member #
    Odometer
    16000+
    You can. Send it to Crower and they will re grind it for a lot less than buying a new Crower cam . just email them and ask..

braap
    mecevans likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

AGAIN!!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grom1202 View Post
    You can. Send it to Crower and they will re grind it for a lot less than buying a new Crower cam . just email them and ask..

braap
    Oh, them yes. I was thinking you might have asked to just grind down. The professionals CAN add material using a particular process. Sort of like welding material on and then machining back down. It would be a good idea to compare if you are looking to keep it less expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

is braaap FMF!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m0uS View Post
    Oh, them yes. I was thinking you might have asked to just grind down. The professionals CAN add material using a particular process. Sort of like welding material on and then machining back down. It would be a good idea to compare if you are looking to keep it less expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using HondaGrom.net mobile app
    You don't necessarily have to weld on more material to get more lift/duration. Simple example: if just the round part of the cam is ground down and the valves are adjusted to match, you've effectively increased lift. Obviously, there are limits to this process and nuance when also altering duration.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    texted Crower and they will do an exchange with the stock cam plus some money

AGAIN!!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    texted Crower and they will do an exchange with the stock cam plus some money
    Cool beans!

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m0uS View Post
    Cool beans!
    you send them your stock grom cam plus $121 and you're good to go shipped to your house

Sponsored Links