ND4's Bulletproof clutch mod - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

ND4's Bulletproof clutch mod

This is a discussion on ND4's Bulletproof clutch mod within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Busa (part# 21413-24f10) 29.8mm long 2.28mm wire diameter Stock 27.72mm 2mm wire diameter Hmm, guy said he’s been running them for a while now. Though ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ND4's Bulletproof clutch mod

This user has no status.

Member #

Busa (part# 21413-24f10)
    29.8mm long
    2.28mm wire diameter

Stock
    27.72mm
    2mm wire diameter

Hmm, guy said he’s been running them for a while now. Though after measuring, I could see their size being an issue. Glad they were cheap, $13 for all 6. I wanted to try them out of curiosity anyways. I’m already running 6x kitaco 60% springs on the stock clutch pack(with 24,4** miles on them) and it grips nice an tight!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yeah its not much of a difference, but its enough to cause the problems. I just didnt want to risk coil bind which would could crack my side case with the busa springs.

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajekalBum View Post

Busa (part# 21413-24f10)
    29.8mm long
    2.28mm wire diameter

Stock
    27.72mm
    2mm wire diameter

Hmm, guy said he’s been running them for a while now. Though after measuring, I could see their size being an issue. Glad they were cheap, $13 for all 6. I wanted to try them out of curiosity anyways. I’m already running 6x kitaco 60% springs on the stock clutch pack(with 24,4** miles on them) and it grips nice an tight!
    That looks like it would work. That's a pretty good deal for just $13!!! Let us know how it works. I was looking into the Kitaco springs myself.

Thanks for posting up the part number. I noticed it was for the 1999-2000 Busa. I think I only looked at 2001 and newer busa springs, and they're much longer.
    Last edited by solidjohnny; 12-15-2017 at 10:21 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Finally got to ride with my rsc lever. I can finally pull the clutch comfortably(though still on the stiff side) with just my index finder. Used to use my middle finger(mostly) and my index finger. Thats with the 6x 60% kitaco springs(on stock clutch pack with 24,533miles on it and a drow sports spring plate) and I really like the way it feels right now. Not gonna be swapping the springs too soon. Gonna throw in a SMR 6 plate clutch pack in at the same time. Should have crazy reliable kung fu grip for a long time.

I go guess long story short. The kitaco springs are nice. All six is very stiff on the stock lever, everyone that tried it on my bike side it was too stiff. With my short rsc lever it’s still stiff but not too much. Most people would probably just run 3 of them, unless of course they prefer a stiff snappy clutch.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I ordered this and my clutch plate only has holes drilled on 3 of the tabs instead of 6. It looks way different than the one pictured on their website.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Np214 View Post
    I ordered this and my clutch plate only has holes drilled on 3 of the tabs instead of 6. It looks way different than the one pictured on their website.

Its funny i actually ordered the one with holes in only 3 tabs and they sent me the one with 6.... at first i was pissed but then went hey this works out way better. Call them up and say you wanted the one with 6 holes.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    Its funny i actually ordered the one with holes in only 3 tabs and they sent me the one with 6.... at first i was pissed but then went hey this works out way better. Call them up and say you wanted the one with 6 holes.
    Yeah I thought about it. I've got a kitaco cover and oil pump ready to be installed so I don't really want to wait on getting a new one. I may drill it out myself or just say f*#k it and run with three.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yeah I thought about it. I've got a kitaco cover and oil pump ready to be installed so I don't really want to wait on getting a new one. I may drill it out myself or just say f*#k it and run with three.

You could do that too. Wouldnt be terribly hard to get the holes mostly centered, and really you could just go one size bigger so you have a lil wiggle room.... the bolts themselves will thread into the clutch pressure plate after you tap them so no worries on getting stuff perfectly centered.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    You could do that too. Wouldnt be terribly hard to get the holes mostly centered, and really you could just go one size bigger so you have a lil wiggle room.... the bolts themselves will thread into the clutch pressure plate after you tap them so no worries on getting stuff perfectly centered.

Well I was a moron and tried to tap the holes with the clutch assembly still on the bike. Ended up breaking my tap off in one of the holes. Took the clutch apart and tried to drill it out with no luck so now I've gotta get a new pressure plate. If anyone else does this be sure to tap them off of the bike!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well I was a moron and tried to tap the holes with the clutch assembly still on the bike. Ended up breaking my tap off in one of the holes. Took the clutch apart and tried to drill it out with no luck so now I've gotta get a new pressure plate. If anyone else does this be sure to tap them off of the bike!
    I actually tapped mine on the bike as it holds the pressure plate very well (had to take it off to clean the tapping flakes) You gotta be slow and methodic with a tap. 1/4 turn of cutting, back off a full turn. fully pulled the tap out of the holes probably 4x per hole to clean the tap and re lube with some oil.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links