Finbro superhead quality = meh - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Finbro superhead quality = meh

This is a discussion on Finbro superhead quality = meh within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by David I don't see why anybody would bother with these when you can have those: https://japan.webike.net/products/23368632.html And yes you still need 2 ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Finbro superhead quality = meh

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I don't see why anybody would bother with these when you can have those: https://japan.webike.net/products/23368632.html
    And yes you still need 2 studs (10$?), a longer 25$ cam chain, a 75$ cam and maybe a piston depending on what you're running.
    If you have the knowledge and time to rework the Finbro head it could make a bit more sense, if you haven't just pay more and be done with it.
    ^ this is a hell of a good deal for the money. if this was out when i got my 164 head, i would have gone this way.
    A bunch of old stuff that runs. 2stroke grom build...in process.. eventually...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I don't see why anybody would bother with these when you can have those: https://japan.webike.net/products/23368632.html
    And yes you still need 2 studs (10$?), a longer 25$ cam chain, a 75$ cam and maybe a piston depending on what you're running.
    If you have the knowledge and time to rework the Finbro head it could make a bit more sense, if you haven't just pay more and be done with it.

Yeah that starts to get a lil pricy.... honestly if i had started to build my grom now. I would of done the 164cc kitaco neo kit, at this point im roughly the same $$$ but when i bought my grom and started this journey there was no such thing.

Either way ill be stoked to get this new head on, its going to be better than stock on the sole reason for hopefully no detonation, but better flow as well. Im hoping my headgaskets get here soon!!!!

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    Yeah that starts to get a lil pricy.... honestly if i had started to build my grom now. I would of done the 164cc kitaco neo kit, at this point im roughly the same $$$ but when i bought my grom and started this journey there was no such thing.

Either way ill be stoked to get this new head on, its going to be better than stock on the sole reason for hopefully no detonation, but better flow as well. Im hoping my headgaskets get here soon!!!!
    what kind of fuel and compression are you running that youre getting detonation?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by farkas View Post
    what kind of fuel and compression are you running that youre getting detonation?
    running 91 (actual 91, i go to the gas station with a 5 gallon jug, top off the truck off with premium to clear the line then fill the jug up with 91, thats the one problem with the grom is its TINY tank, half a gallon of regular thats likely in the handle / line paired with another half of premium will net you maybe 89 octane). Compression is the 11.1:1 of the 164cc kit. It ONLY happens when the motor is nicely heatsoaked and warmed up, and keep in mind, im right at sealevel. So its likely hard edges in the combustion chamber of the stock head causing it, hence my desire to smooth up inside this new head, but that should of been done by finbro in my opinion.

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    running 91 (actual 91, i go to the gas station with a 5 gallon jug, top off the truck off with premium to clear the line then fill the jug up with 91, thats the one problem with the grom is its TINY tank, half a gallon of regular thats likely in the handle / line paired with another half of premium will net you maybe 89 octane). Compression is the 11.1:1 of the 164cc kit. It ONLY happens when the motor is nicely heatsoaked and warmed up, and keep in mind, im right at sealevel. So its likely hard edges in the combustion chamber of the stock head causing it, hence my desire to smooth up inside this new head, but that should of been done by finbro in my opinion.
    I find that surprising because I'm running somewhere between 12.5 to 12.7:1 with 93 and haven't run into detonation issues yet, and that's even after a really hard 10-15 laps on the track. Although, I also de-shrouded my valves a bit to smooth out the chamber much the way you have.

Even then, I wasn't experiencing detonation prior to the head work with 12:1 and 91 octane. What plug are you running? Are you solely using the finbro ecm for fueling?

BTW, looks MUCH better after you put a little work into it. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by farkas; 11-08-2017 at 06:51 AM.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    I think any BBK kit that is bought should have the valve re-lapped, that is my opinion.

I also did a port matching of the intake port to my inlet pipe and also did some dermal some of the ruff parts of the head to make sure there where no denotation.

Ride safe all

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by farkas View Post
    I find that surprising because I'm running somewhere between 12.5 to 12.7:1 with 93 and haven't run into detonation issues yet, and that's even after a really hard 10-15 laps on the track. Although, I also de-shrouded my valves a bit to smooth out the chamber much the way you have.

Even then, I wasn't experiencing detonation prior to the head work with 12:1 and 91 octane. What plug are you running? Are you solely using the finbro ecm for fueling?

BTW, looks MUCH better after you put a little work into it. Thanks for sharing!
    Yeah using the finbro ecm. running a cooler 9 plug. It only happens when its hot out and the motor is has been fully heat soaked and its a very light pinging.

Also, check this out.... Mr Franco didnt like my criticism of his finbro head. Hes also deleted my first reply to his comment. So i added a second one and screen shottedd haha.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...t=feed_comment

Finbro superhead quality = meh-fbsuperhead.png

This user has no status.

Member #
    for documentation before it gets deleted again.....

Finbro superhead quality = meh-fbsuperhead2.png

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    oh thats you on the fb page? lol. makes sense now. fuckin finblow.

actually i posted abotu this a few years ago on here. large valve 164 head. heres the pics i posted pointing out the razor sharp edges.

after i deburred it a bit. no pics of setting the valves or the final massaging work though. also, by this point i was on a pcv/wb2

Last edited by m in sc; 11-08-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    A bunch of old stuff that runs. 2stroke grom build...in process.. eventually...

This user has no status.

Member #
    I’m planning on throwing a neo head on my future bbk build. Neo head, cam, chain and studs arrive today. Gonna pair it with a koso 34mm tb/mani set up. Thats going to Kenny to get massaged. Then that’s going on one of his cylinders with the JE piston through HR. Im excited to get it together and see what it’ll do.
    m in sc likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links