Stunt Build/More Power Questions - Page 19
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Stunt Build/More Power Questions

This is a discussion on Stunt Build/More Power Questions within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by solidjohnny Are you running the GF manual tensioner? No sir, I am not. Although I've considered it for my next round of ...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Stunt Build/More Power Questions

is doing grom things

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    Are you running the GF manual tensioner?
    No sir, I am not. Although I've considered it for my next round of upgrades. I ordered the Yuminashi cam chain and upgraded tensioner, the upgraded tensioner rod and brass button. Just under $45 shipped to my door from them. A few OEM Honda gaskets, a new OEM rubber wheel and cam sprocket, set of Koso big bore gaskets, plus a few other little things while it's down. Another $150 or so and a few hours is a price I can live with, especially knowing that things are being upgraded.

Also as a footnote, there's around 3500 miles on the stock timing chain, and probably around 2500 on the big bore.

Got a set of Z&Z rearsets on the way with passenger pegs as well. Fitting the Hindle exhaust will require a bit of fabrication work. The brake master has to be flipped, so I don't think I could just buy the chimera exhaust bracket.

is doing grom things

Member #
    Big shout out to webike.... I have no idea how you guys got me this cam chain from Japan as fast as you did, but damn am I impressed. Since the Yuminashi junk won't work with a Koso 4v head, this was my plan B. This chain better be die hard like it says on the box!

Also, a Grom Fatherz manual timing chain tensioner is en route. Waiting on some backorder parts, then its go time on everything.

The Z&Z rearsets for the Grom finally arrived and also the rearsets and sliders for my girlfriends Z125. Good quality pieces here. I'm happy with everything I've ordered from them thus far. The fit and finish is everything you would want and expect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Vinnie13 likes this.

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    My buddy has those Z&Z rear sets with a Hindle. It vibrates your feet really bad. Not sure if its from the muffler being hard mounted to the rear set, or the solid foot pegs. I have Sato rearsets that are all hard mounted too, and have the same crazy vibrations to my feet. We're gonna find a way to get rubber between the muffler and rearsets.
    phillybuilt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is doing grom things

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    My buddy has those Z&Z rear sets with a Hindle. It vibrates your feet really bad. Not sure if its from the muffler being hard mounted to the rear set, or the solid foot pegs. I have Sato rearsets that are all hard mounted too, and have the same crazy vibrations to my feet. We're gonna find a way to get rubber between the muffler and rearsets.
    You know, I wonder if something similar to the stock rubber exhaust mount bushing would work well. I'm going to either have to drill a hole, or make an adapter plate off the brake master studs. Maybe take some sway bar end link bushings from a car or truck and make them work. Just one between the exhaust and rearset should do the trick. Good looking out on that Johnny!

is doing grom things

Member #
    Shout out to Grom Fatherz for the manual cam chain tensioner, this arrived here in 2 days which was awesome. It is a nice quality piece. The stock one is a weak design with that flimsy spring IMO.

Hopefully between these two things, my timing chain issues will be solved. Once I get my backorder parts, it's back on the road.

Djezspin likes this.

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    The only hard part is knowing how tight to make the cam chain. I made a bushing out of 3/8" fuel hose and sandwiched it between my muffler and rearset. It did help a good bit.
    phillybuilt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Sponsored Links