Honda Grom banner

chaning F/I from PC150 to HR 10 hole on Finbro 183-2v, plus PCV info

852 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  m in sc 
#1 ·
Well for a while I was running the Finbro 183-2v with the Finbro 6 hole F/I and then I decided to change out the F/I to the PC-150 F/I and I did all the reset and such on the PCV. Yesterday I decided to install the Hardracing 10 hole F/I and I changed the map to all 13 except for the idle section which I set to 12.6. I did notice that the grom ran ok but not great so I decided to do a couple of reset of the ecu, tps and recalibrate the throttle from 0-100%. I guess I was doing the throttle calibration wrong so I searched the internet on how to do the PCV throttle calibration.

The video below was spot on and after I did it I could feel the difference in performance of the Finbro

#3 · (Edited)
I went by the PCV sheet of paper that was sent by Hardracing in my PCV box showing Zero's in all column up to the 80% area where I placed 13 in those columns from 80% to 100%. The reset and calibration of the throttle at Zero "0" percent and at 100 percent was made and was helpful.

I believe all the people that were having problems with their PCV-WB02 setup was due to the WB02 trying to control the OEM ecm at the lower 80% throttle which caused confusing and mapping issues for newbies of the PCV

On the Aracer unit the A/F settings is set at 5% 15% 30% 70% TPS and the A/F is at 12.8 which can be changed at those throttle position from "-"+"30% change

#4 · (Edited)
your setting your pcv up wrong. take the 13's out under 80%, and put zeros in there and set auto tune to 'on' and let it tune the motor. (i assume you have a wb2.. correct?) IF SO, get the tps set once and dont reset anything again unless you change hardware, just apply the maps a few times. this might explain why shit keeps blowing up. intersting the map says its for a harley in the notes..... wtf? lol.

#5 ·
Yep I was doing it wrong for a while but nice to go back to the original sheet that came with the kit and read and re-read the instruction. thanks for the heads up maybe others out there that were having similar problems that I was having will read this post and try to re-adjust their PCV map to what we posted.

Ride safe all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.