Honda Grom Owners Manual / Honda MSX125 Owners Manual - PDF Inside! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Honda Grom Owners Manual / Honda MSX125 Owners Manual - PDF Inside!

This is a discussion on Honda Grom Owners Manual / Honda MSX125 Owners Manual - PDF Inside! within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I notice there is a valve inspection/adjustment at 600 miles (early), 2500, then every 2500 mi. after that. I guess it won't be so difficult ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Honda Grom Owners Manual / Honda MSX125 Owners Manual - PDF Inside!

is ..liking the way it growls.

Member #
    I notice there is a valve inspection/adjustment at 600 miles (early), 2500, then every 2500 mi. after that. I guess it won't be so difficult to check valves though. My Honda Dealer will offer a Service Contract, but they haven't priced it yet. For my Gixxer 1000 it was $1550 and included all SCHEDULED maintenance plus 3 free anytime oil changes, plus some discounts on tires, parts, batteries. The contract lasts 3 years. I have put 9500 mi. on that bike in 6 months. The valves are a huge deal on the Gixxer just to get to them and that apt due at 14000 mi. would normally cost over $800 if paid for separately. I will just have to see what the dealer plans to charge for the contract for a Grom before I decide. I kind of like to fiddle with bikes, but if the price is right, I'll let the mechanics handle it. Anyone else looking into a maintenance contract? Note these are different than extended warranties and are handled by the dealer, not Honda. I figure Japanese bikes will hold up for years without needing an extended warranty. Never had a problem yet with one that would have benefited by an extended warranty anyway. I don't see screw holes for spools in the swingarm so I guess you'll just use a swingarm rear stand. Doesn't look like my center stand is going to fit it since the exhaust runs along the bottom so that's something else to deal with if I want to change a rear tire, adjust chains, etc. The bike is so small. I wonder if my front stand will even fit the triple tree without bumping into headlights, etc. I really need to see one of these bikes in person.

is braaap city

Member #
    Odometer
    Everything about these motors is easy. I'd say cleaning the oil spinner will be the most in depth/difficult to get to. That's why most bikes don't ever have it done. (And its not even that hard. Take off the side cover and a couple screws and clean it out)
    Call me Pat
    2011 TSX wagon- wife/baby hauler
    2002 Civic Si- new daily
    2014 GROM- brap city
    1972 Honda N600 scca project car
    Honda chaly clone-project

is not riding his Grom enough.

Member #
    Odometer
    Im looking forward to working on my Grom. The last time I took a bike to the dealer was in 1984 and that was because I needed a heli-coil put into the frame and it was cheaper for the dealer to do it.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

Strokd_GE likes this.
    https://www.hondagrom.net/forums/27-grom-builds/733-black-finally-black-betty-build-thread.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is bTuUsNaAnSuUtB

Member #
    ^ x2 whenever I bought my GFs '13 Metroplitan he said to bring it back for the valve adjustment at 600 miles, I just laughed and said thanks but no thanks

is My Grom will never Double Dude

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Nin View Post
    I notice there is a valve inspection/adjustment at 600 miles (early), 2500, then every 2500 mi. after that. I guess it won't be so difficult to check valves though. My Honda Dealer will offer a Service Contract, but they haven't priced it yet. For my Gixxer 1000 it was $1550 and included all SCHEDULED maintenance plus 3 free anytime oil changes, plus some discounts on tires, parts, batteries. The contract lasts 3 years. I have put 9500 mi. on that bike in 6 months. The valves are a huge deal on the Gixxer just to get to them and that apt due at 14000 mi. would normally cost over $800 if paid for separately. I will just have to see what the dealer plans to charge for the contract for a Grom before I decide. I kind of like to fiddle with bikes, but if the price is right, I'll let the mechanics handle it. Anyone else looking into a maintenance contract? Note these are different than extended warranties and are handled by the dealer, not Honda. I figure Japanese bikes will hold up for years without needing an extended warranty. Never had a problem yet with one that would have benefited by an extended warranty anyway. I don't see screw holes for spools in the swingarm so I guess you'll just use a swingarm rear stand. Doesn't look like my center stand is going to fit it since the exhaust runs along the bottom so that's something else to deal with if I want to change a rear tire, adjust chains, etc. The bike is so small. I wonder if my front stand will even fit the triple tree without bumping into headlights, etc. I really need to see one of these bikes in person.

Every Honda built has a 600 mile check. A Gsxr does say check at 14-16k. They are almost never out. With a Grom I highly sugest getting your hands dirty and do the maintenance yourself. You will learn something.
    rkwfxd likes this.

Member #
    No service manuals yet, but someone thought the Honda crf50 had a similar engine as far as valve checking goes. There is a pretty good YouTube video showing a valve adjustment on the crf50 and it looks easy enough, but when I go back and look at photos of the Grom, the engines do not look so similar. Those large tappet caps that open up to view the valves do not appear to be present for one thing. Thing is, the maintenance contract has worked out very well on my Gixxer, however the Grom is going to require many more valve checks and that means leaving the bike a day at the dealer. Plus I need to decide at the time of purchase or very soon afterward if I want the maintenance contract for the Grom. I could probably tell in 2 min. if I want to tackle the valves, air filter, etc. if I could look at a service manual. At last check, the Honda dealer had not figured out a price for a maintenance contract on the Grom either. I have my name on the list though for the new service manual so hopefully I can make an informed decision by the time my Grom arrives.

Member #
    I follow that other Grom forum and someone was kind enough to send me the pdf file for the SERVICE manual including exactly how to adjust valves on the MSX125. He sent it to my email cause neither he or I can figure out how to send it to that forum (or this one either). If an administrator would like to receive a copy of the service manual...not the owners manual... that is already out, please furnish me with an email address so you can get it out for everyone to view. I can just attach the file to an email address. PS. It looks so easy to check valves, even I can do it. The manual includes those other maintenance procedures in detail also along with torque specs.

is riding

Member #
    anyone got a service manual in pdf?
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2014 Honda Grom

This user has no status.

Member #
    How are the valves adjusted, screw type, shims?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Screw type, it's really easy and takes all of 10 minutes.
    Remould likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links