Honda cbr 300 ,Yamaha R3 or Kawasaki ninja 300 - Page 16
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Honda cbr 300 ,Yamaha R3 or Kawasaki ninja 300

This is a discussion on Honda cbr 300 ,Yamaha R3 or Kawasaki ninja 300 within the Grom Talk forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by HondaGrom+S2K Thanks guys and the reason i asked was i was hoping maybe if i adjusted that pre load thing it would ...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Honda cbr 300 ,Yamaha R3 or Kawasaki ninja 300

is This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaGrom+S2K View Post
    Thanks guys and the reason i asked was i was hoping maybe if i adjusted that pre load thing it would maybe make the bike sit lower lol? is that true
    Asked and answered:

Quote Originally Posted by MV Agusta F3 800 View Post
    The spring preload adjustment on motorcycles is not to adjust it to make it easier for you to balance at stops. The spring preload adjustment is there so that AFTER you put the correct springs in the motorcycle for your weight, you can adjust the "starting point" of where the suspension "sits" within it's up-and-down stroke (travel) with you on the bike in riding gear in a riding position at neutral throttle. Too much preload, and the suspension will top out too much. Too little preload, and the suspension will bottom out too much. And that's assuming you have the correct springs in it. If you don't have the correct springs in it, there's not a lot you can do- you can't polish a turd.
    If you're still not understanding this, I can try to break it down a little bit more for you.
    We don't rise to the occasion. We fall to our level of training.
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.
    If you show up for a fair fight, you are not prepared.
    Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil.
    We do not rise to the occasion, We fall to our level of training.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    When you speak the truth, have one foot in the stirrup

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks guys and the reason i asked was i was hoping maybe if i adjusted that pre load thing it would maybe make the bike sit lower lol? is that true
    Hmmmm... excuse me for saying this, but I wonder if you are jumping into buying your 2nd bike too soon. I know Grom is your first bike and have ridden it for 2000 miles, but once you get even more experience you won't care so much about being able to flatfoot. By the way, when you say flat foot, are you saying both feet or just 1 foot? I know girls who are shorter than you that rides R6's in its stock form.

If you were my friend, I would advise against getting a new bike just yet, and would recommend getting more experience under your belt. Being able to flatfoot only matters when stopped and going extremely slow. And it's during these times, where people most often drop their bikes.

Additionally, as time goes by you way want to explore other riding experiences. I know just riding around town on the Grom is hella fun, but it may get boring after time, and you may want to hit up the twisties. If so, messing up the geometry of the bike can have a negative impact on handling.

If you really want to lower it, shave the seat!!

Just my 2 cents from my personal experience.

EDIT: As an example, look at Dani Pedrosa.. he's only 5' 2" and he's a Motogp star... Marc Marquez is only an inch taller than you and he's a MotoGP champ. I know these are extreme examples, but experience goes a long way!
    Last edited by mrclowny; 07-26-2016 at 12:14 PM.

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    I think I've said it couple times in this thread, but I agree, I wouldn't worry about flat footing. It really is a non issue. By the end of your first day with a taller bike you'll feel silly about worrying about it.
    MV Agusta F3 800 likes this.
    2015 Grom - Black and White Sissy Lala Fart Around Bike
    2014 Honda CB1000R - Black and Gold Beastly Demon
    Instagram: Old_Goat_Ninja

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclowny View Post
    Hmmmm... excuse me for saying this, but I wonder if you are jumping into buying your 2nd bike too soon. I know Grom is your first bike and have ridden it for 2000 miles, but once you get even more experience you won't care so much about being able to flatfoot. By the way, when you say flat foot, are you saying both feet or just 1 foot? I know girls who are shorter than you that rides R6's in its stock form.

If you were my friend, I would advise against getting a new bike just yet, and would recommend getting more experience under your belt. Being able to flatfoot only matters when stopped and going extremely slow. And it's during these times, where people most often drop their bikes.

Additionally, as time goes by you way want to explore other riding experiences. I know just riding around town on the Grom is hella fun, but it may get boring after time, and you may want to hit up the twisties. If so, messing up the geometry of the bike can have a negative impact on handling.

If you really want to lower it, shave the seat!!

Just my 2 cents from my personal experience.

EDIT: As an example, look at Dani Pedrosa.. he's only 5' 2" and he's a Motogp star... Marc Marquez is only an inch taller than you and he's a MotoGP champ. I know these are extreme examples, but experience goes a long way!
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Agusta F3 800 View Post
    Asked and answered:

If you're still not understanding this, I can try to break it down a little bit more for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
    I think I've said it couple times in this thread, but I agree, I wouldn't worry about flat footing. It really is a non issue. By the end of your first day with a taller bike you'll feel silly about worrying about it.
    yeah thanks for all the help guys and when i say i flatfoot i meant both feet but before i bought the grom i was about to get a 300 anyways as a starter learning bike since alot of people say to start with those or the 250s.

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    lol you and m in sc always having battles
    his posts are relevant as pocket lint to me , no fights, I just don't care.
    A bunch of old stuff that runs. 2stroke grom build...in process.. eventually...

is This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
    Well spoken, brother.
    We don't rise to the occasion. We fall to our level of training.
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.
    If you show up for a fair fight, you are not prepared.
    Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil.
    We do not rise to the occasion, We fall to our level of training.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    When you speak the truth, have one foot in the stirrup

is Grommin'

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m in sc View Post
    his posts are relevant as pocket lint to me , no fights, I just don't care.
    If this is in reference to the MV guy, he's on my ignore list already, I don't see any of his posts, makes the board much more usable now. =]
    m in sc likes this.
    2015 Honda Grom
    2014 Kawasaki ZX10R
    2013 Ninja 300

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    exactly.
    A bunch of old stuff that runs. 2stroke grom build...in process.. eventually...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Sponsored Links