DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM FULL CONTROL REFLASH PV3-16-01 - Page 15
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM FULL CONTROL REFLASH PV3-16-01

This is a discussion on DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM FULL CONTROL REFLASH PV3-16-01 within the HardRacing Performance forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by 50-50 The more I talk with Dynojet tech support the more I think the PV3 was rushed out and maybe half-assed. How-to ...

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 190
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM FULL CONTROL REFLASH PV3-16-01

  1. #141
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    2894
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    The more I talk with Dynojet tech support the more I think the PV3 was rushed out and maybe half-assed. How-to videos (and hopefully better documentation) are coming. That's something you should do BEFORE a product release. Even on their website it's difficult to find the Power Vision 3 for the Grom until you select your vehicle from the drop down menu. There's rarely a mention of a PV3 that works with Honda. The "Contact PVCX/PV3 Support" form on their website mentions Can-Am, Indian, Polaris, and Victory, but nothing about Honda. The PV3 section on the website contains firmware for the various brands, including Honda, but there's no listing of the Power Core C3 software that you use on your PC. This software is under the Power Vision CX section of the website. The FAQs are for the Power Vision and Power Vision CX neither of which applies to the Power Vision 3 in all cases.

    On top of the the "stock" tune is a generic flash from a Grom they had in a shop and not the one from your bike. This is a huge gamble that assumes the ECU isn't revised mid-production. I'd be very curious to see if anybody ever had an issue with the "stock" tune after flashing Dynojet's version to their bike. I'd be hard pressed to believe it's never caused an issue. Maybe this is my inexperience with flashing devices. Is this the way it always is with ECU flashing devices or do some grab a copy of your exact stock tune?

    I also wonder how many tunes exist out there that aren't actually just Yoshimura's tunes...
    Our stock files are direct copies from different ECUs. We harvested all ECUs that we could find in Hondas parts list.

    2018 US 1601001
    14-15 US 1601002
    2017 US 1601003
    14-15 Euro 1601004
    2017 Euro 1601005
    2017 Euro 1601006
    17-18 Japanese 1601007

    As far as tunes go we have purchased a few Groms and put several different combinations on them to get the tune database to where it is. Everyone of these tunes was developed on a bike, on our dyno, with stated modifications. None of these were simply made up behind a keyboard and guessing. You can see a list of the 58 tunes we have here, Power Vision Product Details.

  2. #142
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    4603
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Boyertown
    Odometer
    65
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by DynojetResearch View Post
    Our stock files are direct copies from different ECUs. We harvested all ECUs that we could find in Hondas parts list.

    2018 US 1601001
    14-15 US 1601002
    2017 US 1601003
    14-15 Euro 1601004
    2017 Euro 1601005
    2017 Euro 1601006
    17-18 Japanese 1601007

    As far as tunes go we have purchased a few Groms and put several different combinations on them to get the tune database to where it is. Everyone of these tunes was developed on a bike, on our dyno, with stated modifications. None of these were simply made up behind a keyboard and guessing. You can see a list of the 58 tunes we have here, Power Vision Product Details.
    I never said your tunes were made up. I said the documentation and support sucks and I stand by that statement.

  3. #143
    Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    31576
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    39
    Can the PV3 correct the speedometer if you switch to a different sprocket? It looks like the speed sensor wire goes straight to the dash so I guess not.
    Last edited by noob; 05-19-2019 at 08:57 AM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #144
    Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.
     
    HardRacing's Avatar
    Member #
    1614
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC OHLINS_MASTER_DEALER
    Posts
    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Can the PV3 correct the speedometer if you switch to a different sprocket? It looks like the speed sensor wire goes straight to the dash so I guess not.
    .

    Unfortunately, no. The ECU doesn't control the Speedo.

    .
    HardRacing.com - 704-799-2192
    See our complete >> GROM PARTS CATALOG << >> MONKEY PARTS CATALOG<<
    Check out our Youtube Channel for Lots of Great Parts Installation Videos >> YOUTUBE CHANNEL<<
    Ohlins Premier Dealer, Great Prices, Tech.Support, Full Staff of Sales Reps, Fast WORLD WIDE Shipping,
    Large Inventory and Excellent Customer Service.
    Celebrating our 20th year in business

  6. #145
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    4603
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Boyertown
    Odometer
    65
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by DynojetResearch View Post
    Our stock files are direct copies from different ECUs. We harvested all ECUs that we could find in Hondas parts list.

    2018 US 1601001
    14-15 US 1601002
    2017 US 1601003
    14-15 Euro 1601004
    2017 Euro 1601005
    2017 Euro 1601006
    17-18 Japanese 1601007

    As far as tunes go we have purchased a few Groms and put several different combinations on them to get the tune database to where it is. Everyone of these tunes was developed on a bike, on our dyno, with stated modifications. None of these were simply made up behind a keyboard and guessing. You can see a list of the 58 tunes we have here, Power Vision Product Details.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRacing View Post
    .

    Unfortunately, no. The ECU doesn't control the Speedo.

    .
    Are either of you working on more tunes? I haven't seen any tunes for Dinger Built products that are quickly gaining a large following.

  7. #146
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    4603
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Boyertown
    Odometer
    65
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Are either of you working on more tunes? I haven't seen any tunes for Dinger Built products that are quickly gaining a large following.
    Anybody paying attention to this thread?

    I have a couple of more questions.

    1. I finally flashed a tune to my bike for the Yoshi RS-2 that I installed. Are you supposed to reset the ECU before or after flashing?
    2. How do I display the air fuel ratio (AFR) on my PV3? I didn't see an option with that naming in the gauges section of the device.
    tooter likes this.

  8. #147
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    2205
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Anybody paying attention to this thread?

    I have a couple of more questions.

    1. I finally flashed a tune to my bike for the Yoshi RS-2 that I installed. Are you supposed to reset the ECU before or after flashing?
    2. How do I display the air fuel ratio (AFR) on my PV3? I didn't see an option with that naming in the gauges section of the device.
    The PV3 resets the ECU after the flashing process.

    The PV3 does not magically turn your narrowband O2 sensor into a wideband O2 sensor, so you won't see a gauge for it.
    mikochu

    2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

  9. #148
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    4603
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Boyertown
    Odometer
    65
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by mikochu View Post
    The PV3 resets the ECU after the flashing process.

    The PV3 does not magically turn your narrowband O2 sensor into a wideband O2 sensor, so you won't see a gauge for it.
    I thought I read that the PV3 could display the readings from the stock O2 sensor.

  10. #149
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    2205
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    168
    I'll double check, but it may just say 13.7 or Rich/Stoic/Lean.
    50-50 likes this.
    mikochu

    2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

  11. #150
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    4603
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Boyertown
    Odometer
    65
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by mikochu View Post
    I'll double check, but it may just say 13.7 or Rich/Stoic/Lean.
    Even a gauge like that would be helpful if I can figure that out. Thanks for checking.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2017, 05:21 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-30-2016, 07:04 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 07:44 AM
  4. THE *NEW* Thursday night rides... 01/16/14
    By minkus in forum West / West Coast Grom Owners
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 01:04 PM
  5. Replies: 133
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 08:30 AM

Search tags for this page

dynojet power vision 3 grom

,

dynojet pv3 tuning

,

grom powervision tunes

,

power commander pv3

,

power vision 3 grom

,

power vision 3 honda grom

,

power vision honda msx

,

pv3-16-01

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread