DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM FULL CONTROL REFLASH PV3-16-01 - Page 14
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM FULL CONTROL REFLASH PV3-16-01

This is a discussion on DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM FULL CONTROL REFLASH PV3-16-01 within the HardRacing Performance forums, part of the Vendors category; I'm gonna pick one up pretty soon, i'll report back.. Power Vision Product Details...

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM FULL CONTROL REFLASH PV3-16-01

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'm gonna pick one up pretty soon, i'll report back..
    Power Vision Product Details

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Member #

The WBC2 for the PV3 .. or more clearly (
    WBCX Single Channel AFR Kit for Honda) has now been released.

We are just waiting for our shipment to arrive to our store.

>> WIDE BAND for the PV3 <<

Last edited by HardRacing; 05-06-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    50-50 and obijuanito like this.
    HardRacing.com - 704-799-2192
    See our complete >> GROM PARTS CATALOG << >> MONKEY PARTS CATALOG<<
    Check out our Youtube Channel for Lots of Great Parts Installation Videos >> YOUTUBE CHANNEL<<
    Ohlins Premier Dealer, Great Prices, Tech.Support, Full Staff of Sales Reps, Fast WORLD WIDE Shipping,
    Large Inventory and Excellent Customer Service.
    Celebrating our 20th year in business

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRacing View Post

The WBC2 for the PV3 .. or more clearly (
    WBCX Single Channel AFR Kit for Honda) has now been released.

We are just waiting for our shipment to arrive to our store.

>> WIDE BAND for the PV3 <<

Will it be needed an a/f gauge or will they update one a/f gauge in the pv3 device?

Enviat des del meu LG-H870 usant Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Am I missing something or can only one thing be plugged in at a time? They both utilize the diagnostic port, so no wideband while using the pv3 as a gauge?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
    PCSS (Power Core Software Suite) has the ability to update PV3 firmware, but there is doesn't have the ability to "auto update". If PCSS advises you there are updates upon launch, that could be the main application or PV3 templates. To update the PV3 FW you can download here:

Power Vision Downloads

Download the firmware for Honda. Then there are 2 methods to update

1> Mount PV3 to your computer as a USB drive. Save firmware to the device. Use the PV3 menu and go to Device Tools > Update Device and then select the file and follow prompts.
    2> Mount PV3 to your computer as a USB drive. Launch PCSS and from the App Launcher select Tools > Manage Hardware. Highlight the PV3 device, and then select install firmware. Browse for the firmware and select Open.

Option 1 is the way to go

There should be an update client soon that will update the device with the latest firwmare, stk's, and djt's that are available from Dynojet.

I tried method 2. The computer said update finished, but the PV3 screen just said "Updating" and the button lights were flashing, but nothing was happening at all. The bar never progressed. I thought it bricked. I unplugged it and it was fine. Then I tried updating with method 1 and it worked.

Phew! Don't scare me like that!

How do you marry the PV3 to your ECU? The installation guide, which is lacking, states you are supposed to flash a tune to pair. Which tune? And why do I want to flash a tune when I just want to read the ECU info? I'm not ready to flash any tune.

Is there a better manual for this thing? The Dynojet website has nothing except brand-specific firmware under Power Vision 3. And you are supposed to use the Power Core software under the Power Vision CX so this seems like some bastard product at the moment.
    Last edited by 50-50; 05-09-2019 at 06:58 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by obijuanito View Post
    Will it be needed an a/f gauge or will they update one a/f gauge in the pv3 device?

Enviat des del meu LG-H870 usant Tapatalk
    PV3 will display AFR and allow you to log it.
    50-50 and obijuanito like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_l_ View Post
    Am I missing something or can only one thing be plugged in at a time? They both utilize the diagnostic port, so no wideband while using the pv3 as a gauge?
    You'll replace the current PV3 vehicle interface cable with the a new one supplied in the kit. WBCX plugs into the diag port and passes along vehicle data AND wideband data to the PV3. Doing so ensures that the data is synchronized, which is quite nice when you analyze the data in PCSS (Power Core Software Suite).
    50-50 and HardRacing like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    PCSS is made up of C3, WP8 Data, and WP8 Dyno. Unless you own a Dynojet dyno you'll be using C3 and WP8 Data to edit tunes, view data, etc etc. When you have your calibration open in C3 and your datalog open in WP8 data you can enable cell tracing and when you snap your cursor to a particular point on the data trace in WP8, and the cursor in C3 will show you the exact cell in each table where the ECU is referencing. This is super handy and gives you insight as to "what and where the ECU is thinking".

DYNO JET POWER VISION 3 (PV3) for the HONDA GROM   FULL CONTROL REFLASH  PV3-16-01-grom-pcss_super-sync.jpg

This user has no status.

Member #
    Nice! Thanks for the info, Dyno Dan. Also, Hard Racing has the best prices!
    Last edited by mikochu; 05-10-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    HardRacing likes this.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    The more I talk with Dynojet tech support the more I think the PV3 was rushed out and maybe half-assed. How-to videos (and hopefully better documentation) are coming. That's something you should do BEFORE a product release. Even on their website it's difficult to find the Power Vision 3 for the Grom until you select your vehicle from the drop down menu. There's rarely a mention of a PV3 that works with Honda. The "Contact PVCX/PV3 Support" form on their website mentions Can-Am, Indian, Polaris, and Victory, but nothing about Honda. The PV3 section on the website contains firmware for the various brands, including Honda, but there's no listing of the Power Core C3 software that you use on your PC. This software is under the Power Vision CX section of the website. The FAQs are for the Power Vision and Power Vision CX neither of which applies to the Power Vision 3 in all cases.

On top of the the "stock" tune is a generic flash from a Grom they had in a shop and not the one from your bike. This is a huge gamble that assumes the ECU isn't revised mid-production. I'd be very curious to see if anybody ever had an issue with the "stock" tune after flashing Dynojet's version to their bike. I'd be hard pressed to believe it's never caused an issue. Maybe this is my inexperience with flashing devices. Is this the way it always is with ECU flashing devices or do some grab a copy of your exact stock tune?

I also wonder how many tunes exist out there that aren't actually just Yoshimura's tunes...

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Sponsored Links