Lightened Oil Spinners - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Lightened Oil Spinners

This is a discussion on Lightened Oil Spinners within the JC Racing forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by Grom'n-BR JC took care of the combo for me. i couldn't be more happy friends who's a wheelie guy isn't sure he ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Lightened Oil Spinners

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Grom'n-BR View Post
    JC took care of the combo for me.
    i couldn't be more happy
    friends who's a wheelie guy isn't sure he likes it but he's a stunt

rev happy through all the gears
    4th gear has more then what it had before
    still need a tuner for the bike but the mod is def for my ride application
    once you determine your type of ride application you will know if this mod is for you
    I wouldn't use anyone else besides JC either
    can i get a review from the stunter? i wheelie A LOT but i also like to ride. by no means is my grom a stunt bike but if someone who wheelies doesn't like it, it may affect my decision.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysmut View Post
    can i get a review from the stunter? i wheelie A LOT but i also like to ride. by no means is my grom a stunt bike but if someone who wheelies doesn't like it, it may affect my decision.
    I'll get him to reply on my phone. He's isn't on forums. Honestly I think he needs to ride it more to make that decision.
    IMO he's just not used to it.
    go ahead bro, just do it...like ✔️
    daddysmut likes this.

is bTuUsNaAnSuUtB

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jc250r31 View Post
    Behind the right cover. You need a special tool to remove the nut as well. I'll have tools available for $25 shipped this week.
    Is it the same as a gy6 starter clutch nut?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokd_GE View Post
    Is it the same as a gy6 starter clutch nut?
    That I'm not sure. Its the same as the CRF50 clutch nut though.

is bTuUsNaAnSuUtB

Member #
    That I'm not sure. Its the same as the CRF50 clutch nut though.
    I think the gy6 is a 30mm 4 tooth "spanner" socket, since I already have one but no long a gy6 it'd be nice to find a use for it lol

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokd_GE View Post
    I think the gy6 is a 30mm 4 tooth "spanner" socket, since I already have one but no long a gy6 it'd be nice to find a use for it lol
    I think a 30mm is too big.

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Got plenty of these in stock now.

This user has no status.

Member #
    JC does good work and puts out quality product

He stands behind his product and is easy to deal with

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Updated pricing, added option to just buy the entire spinner without sending yours in.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Here are the results and Pricing.

Pricing Spinner Alone $55.00
    Spinner with No Core $105.00
    Spinner and Flywheel $105.00 (this is with you sending in your cores) 1 Day Turnaround

Stock Oil Spinner - 1030 grams
    Lightened Oil Spinner - 530 grams

Flywheel removes 300 grams (for those that had a Ruckus the lightened flywheel removed 180 grams)

Total removed with both lightened 800 grams, quite a bit of rotating weight off the crankshaft.
    I personally feel like the crank will have no issues being that is it supported by 3 bearings instead of the normal 2, so that's why I removed more than the flywheel's amount of weight.
    The oil spinner will still filter and function completely like normal as this doesn't affect anything but the weight.

On another note, my Grom at 300 miles had a ton of crud in the spinner from break in. I recommend that everyone remove the spinner and give it a good cleaning as early as possible. It definitely wont hurt anything. The gasket was fine as well without having to change it.

You will also need the correct tool to remove the spinner nut. I will have them available soon as well.

Ride Report:
    First off a little info I weigh about 210. My Grom has the following mods: Tyga full carbon exhaust and airbox mod other than that the engine is bone stock and the chain and sprockets are still stock.

Before Lightening the flywheel and the oil spinner my max speed was 60-61 sitting up in normal riding position and 64 tucked.
    Today I went take a ride with the only changes were the lightened flywheel and the lightened oil spinner.
    To me I didn't notice it being any harder to take off from a dead stop than before, keep in mind the flywheel and spinner still have a decent amount of mass to them so its not like if you were to remove then completely. Anyway, all the gears wind up a lot more quickly than before due to the lighter mass and freeing up the crankshaft quite a bit. If you are in second gear lugging it doing about 20mph or so and roll on the throttle it picks back up quicker than before. The biggest difference I noticed, and it kind of shocked me a little bit, was as I was cruising on one of my normal main highways where I test top speed I was keeping up with traffic. I realized before looking down that I was into the area where the speed limit was 65mph so I looked down and I was doing 64mph now sitting up. So I tuck and hold and end up at 68mph. I wanted to make sure that wind was as little a factor as possible so I found another road and repeated the same results. I have also never been that high in the RPM range in 4th gear before either obviously.
    Apparently the removal of all that rotating mass make more of a difference that I would have stated before riding it, but we are talking about 1.75 pounds of rotating mass though. It is definitely freeing up some of the engines power by not having to turn that much more weight over every revolution. I had a 13t, 14t, and a 35t Aluminum sprocket I was planning to install, but now I am going to wait a little longer because I like the way it is working much better with the stock sprockets.
    I also won't sit here and say everyone's results will be the exact same as mine but I will almost guarantee you will notice a difference. There will be more reviews other than mine hopefully popping up soon that way you don't have to take my word for it.
    Can you give us a update how the lighten of the flywheel and spinner on your Grom is going, do you feel like all around it is a good mod to do on the Grom reason I ask is that I have bought a set of flywheel and spinner that I will be sending you and my main concern is reliability of the mod. I will be doing some long distance riding such as 100 mile plus one way through the back hills of San Jose and I don't want to be stuck some where because either the flywheel or spinner had vibrated loose.

I assume you used blue loctite on the bolt/nut

Thanks for any feed back and I assume I will be mailing my flywheel and spinner to you as soon as I receive it from Babbitts Honda. Is payment done thru PayPal or ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links