ebc clutch kit with stiffer springs and cnc pressure plate HELP
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on ebc clutch kit with stiffer springs and cnc pressure plate HELP within the Grom How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; ok so i installed new ebc plates in, stiffer springs and the pressure plate well now my clutch lever is a limp noodle. i adjust ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ebc clutch kit with stiffer springs and cnc pressure plate HELP

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer

ok so i installed new ebc plates in, stiffer springs and the pressure plate

well now my clutch lever is a limp noodle. i adjust the cable on the lever and by the crankcase which didnt help in the least

now when i put the bike in gear it just jumps into gear and dies. basically like when someone pops the clutch out too fast

so basically my clutch isnt pulling in what so ever and my bike is not rideable as i have no clutch.

does anyone have any idea what it is i could have done i feel its super easy im just missing something.

all the plates where installed correctly, so possibly push rod issues? but the push rod seem to working fine. its like the pressure plate is pushed too far in for the pushed rod to hit it and engage my clutch, idk. i feel its simply and im just frustrated and missing something

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoTG26 View Post
    ok so i installed new ebc plates in, stiffer springs and the pressure plate

well now my clutch lever is a limp noodle. i adjust the cable on the lever and by the crankcase which didnt help in the least

now when i put the bike in gear it just jumps into gear and dies. basically like when someone pops the clutch out too fast

so basically my clutch isnt pulling in what so ever and my bike is not rideable as i have no clutch.

does anyone have any idea what it is i could have done i feel its super easy im just missing something.

all the plates where installed correctly, so possibly push rod issues? but the push rod seem to working fine. its like the pressure plate is pushed too far in for the pushed rod to hit it and engage my clutch, idk. i feel its simply and im just frustrated and missing something
    1) Did you soak the clutch plates in oil?
    2) Binding is "common" after installing new plates - let the bike idle for a bit, hold the clutch in (will come back to this) for 20 odd seconds then release.See if that helps
    3) Check the clutch plunger (on the crankcase) and make sure it is seated correctly - easy to tell if it is or not. That will be the first thing to check.

is Just ripping around town.

Member #
    Odometer
    You put the bearing on the new cnc clutch plates right? What bout the engagement plunger did it fall out before you installed the side case? I know mine did once but I notired it before I bolted everything together.
    2013 KX450F Green
    2013 Ninja 300 SE ABS
    2015 DL650 V-strom Blue

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    ya i put the bearings in, the plunger had some type of issue but i thought i got it back together

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    so it feels like the plunger is not hitting the spring plate when i pull in the lever. i double checked and the actuator pushes out the plunger like it should. but it seems to not be reaching the plate to push in the clutch.

this is weird

edit: i installed all the washers and everything in reverse order as i took it apart. so i know im not missing any washers

im to the point im about to take it in to the dealership, and i dont take anything in to the dealership

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoTG26 View Post
    so it feels like the plunger is not hitting the spring plate when i pull in the lever. i double checked and the actuator pushes out the plunger like it should. but it seems to not be reaching the plate to push in the clutch.

this is weird

edit: i installed all the washers and everything in reverse order as i took it apart. so i know im not missing any washers

im to the point im about to take it in to the dealership, and i dont take anything in to the dealership
    Silly question - you installed the steel plates to (don't know if you got the complete kit or just the friction plates)? If the actuator works and all washers accounted for it would appear that your plate stack is too low? You put the bearing back in the pressure plate?
    Last edited by nzgrom; 11-02-2015 at 03:22 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    i ended up getting it working. i took it all apart, triple checked everything, soaked all the plates etc in oil. made sure i had every nut, bolt, washer and part account for, re installed and noticed that i had been torquing it down just barely enough to through everything out of whack.

all back together, just got back from a test run and it was wonderful! such a good feeling. thanks for the help everyone! that was frustrating
    estallings15 and Shaddowxxi like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    You 1, dealer 0...good work!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am having the same exact problem! I have taken it apart plenty of times, torqued everything to spec and can't figure it out!!

is gearing up for winter

Member #
    check the plunger on the side cover over. It seems like the clutch isnt disengaging (which would be caused by a missing plunger or something)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links