How-To Video: Grom 250 Engine Swap - Twice the Engine for Twice the Price!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Grom 250 Engine Swap - Twice the Engine for Twice the Price!

This is a discussion on Grom 250 Engine Swap - Twice the Engine for Twice the Price! within the Grom How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; The Grom is great, but it needs more power. It needs more engine; approximately 2X more engine. I was considering a big bore kit, but ...

Thread: Grom 250 Engine Swap - Twice the Engine for Twice the Price!

This user has no status.

Member #

Grom 250 Engine Swap - Twice the Engine for Twice the Price!

The Grom is great, but it needs more power. It needs more engine; approximately 2X more engine.

I was considering a big bore kit, but decided to go full 250 for reliability and power. There weren't any great how-to videos, so I made one that should explain everything nicely. Exact same steps for the 300 swap.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Did you have to do the AC/DC conversion on an SF?

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Nice video, thanks for sharing, all you need now is a custom made rack for your skim-board or boogie-board or mini-foil board for going to the beach. Nothing like good Southern Calif beach.

Monkey Father in Thailand sells a modified grom frame that aligns the 250-300cc swap engine the correct way with out the engine titling forward and the throttle body fitting under the frame, it comes with a radiator and the hose and hardware but it is pricey at around $1200+. The good thing is the chain sits in the right way and no extra sprocket to keep the chain from hitting the swing arm.
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 11-24-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Sponsored Links