My zero dollar fender eliminator
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on My zero dollar fender eliminator within the Grom How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Hello all, first post so go easy. Bought a 2019 ABS this morning and after about 3 miles decided I couldnít tolerate the rear fender. ...

Thread: My zero dollar fender eliminator

This user has no status.

Member #

Hello all, first post so go easy. Bought a 2019 ABS this morning and after about 3 miles decided I couldnít tolerate the rear fender. Decided instead of spending over a hundred bucks to see what I could come up with on my own. Spent absolutely nothing other than some time and I couldnít be happier. The goal was to retain the factory turn signal spacing as its often impossible to tell someoneís even turning at all when the turn signals are integrated in the taillight (or maybe Iím just getting too old). Also wanted the reflectors as well as the license plate light. The only parts sourced were a couple of bolts from the toolbox. Had I known I would like it so much I would have taken more pics of the process. Basically just some careful cutting and fitting. Plate holder is the factory one with the mounting tangs bent up and the middle portion cut out so that it can bolt right up to the factory holes in the under tray. Nothing was drilled and no other holes used. Works perfect and looks soooooo much better in my opinion without looking illegal or sketchy. Anyways, happy to be part of the Grom cult now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My zero dollar fender eliminator-eb0cdb41-368b-42e0-8043-41ef52a131aa.jpeg My zero dollar fender eliminator-5637728c-f0f8-4e65-ac5b-2e370a2ecbce.jpeg My zero dollar fender eliminator-0930d216-27d8-4f80-807c-013ed8aef12c.jpeg My zero dollar fender eliminator-c3104a66-882a-4978-92e2-61a11262d092.jpeg My zero dollar fender eliminator-35426d30-5042-4d0b-8f2e-2f5ba3498fc7.jpeg

is between rain storms :-)
    Member #
    Odometer
    Welcome :-)

Looks good from my house. Curious where you put the plate light lamp, not seeing it in the photos.
    2018 Matte Gray Metallic
    Koso TT Mirrors - Carbon
    Vagabond Motorsports Fender Eliminator

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Nicely done, like me I like to DIY things and make it my way.

Congrats on your grom purchase and ride safe

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post

Looks good from my house. Curious where you put the plate light lamp, not seeing it in the photos.
    Itís tucked up right below where the wires come out for the turn signals. Itís securely zip tied in place. Would have bolted it but didnít want to drill holes right next to what I believe is the ABS controller. Itís the only part not bolted down which would normally bother me, but itís plenty secure. Might tackle the air box mod next. Still trying to decide if there is really any benefit to it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post

Zoom in on the photos. It looks like it's tucked up there and hidden. Getting rid of that big, ugly license plate lights is something that few kits do. That alone makes this a great mod.

Nicely done!

EDIT: OP posted while I was typing.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoelectrician View Post
    It’s tucked up right below where the wires come out for the turn signals. It’s securely zip tied in place. Would have bolted it but didn’t want to drill holes right next to what I believe is the ABS controller. It’s the only part not bolted down which would normally bother me, but it’s plenty secure. Might tackle the air box mod next. Still trying to decide if there is really any benefit to it.
    Dynos have proven the airbox mods does effect performance of only slightly. I doubt you'll notice any difference doing it alone.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Still have a little buffing to do on the edges where I cut the plastic, but overall I’m happier with it than any kit I’ve seen for sale.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Plate light.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My zero dollar fender eliminator-da6371ac-4daf-4152-90b2-9ba4af4a10de.jpeg My zero dollar fender eliminator-f15d6c18-8af6-4f91-a525-928e71538cce.jpeg

Sponsored Links