How-To: Running lights + blinkers with Thai spec or LED blinkers
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Running lights + blinkers with Thai spec or LED blinkers

This is a discussion on Running lights + blinkers with Thai spec or LED blinkers within the Grom How-To's and Guides forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; For those who has changed their front running lights/blinkers with Thai spec or LED lights you lose the option of the running lights. I like ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By intergalactic808
  • 1 Post By intergalactic808

Thread: Running lights + blinkers with Thai spec or LED blinkers

This user has no status.

Member #

Running lights + blinkers with Thai spec or LED blinkers

For those who has changed their front running lights/blinkers with Thai spec or LED lights you lose the option of the running lights. I like having the extra visibility of having the front running lights so with the help of a member on here (1968joel) pointing me in the right direction I got it working and decided to do a quick how-to on how I did it.

You will need 2 single pole dual throw (SPDT) relays, one for each front blinker. You can get them from Radio Shack or maybe from some auto parts store.
    the ones I used were radio shack 275-0248 SPDT miniature relay which was on sale for $.98
    you could also use this one:
    12VDC/1A SPDT Micro Relay : Micro Relays | RadioShack.com

Here's a diagram I drew on how I wired it up
    Running lights + blinkers with Thai spec or LED blinkers-blinker2.jpg

Used solder and heat shrink tubing to connect wires to relay
    Running lights + blinkers with Thai spec or LED blinkers-blinker.jpg

Note: I found out on the stock running light system the running light would shut off when the blinker was turned on, so I couldn't use that wire to connect to the com side of the relay. So what I did was find a constant voltage source that would be on when the key was turned on. Found out that the black wire that goes to the stock blinker relay was a good voltage source so I tapped into that and ran wires to the com side of the Radio Shack relays.

I also changed out the stock blinker relay with the CF13 JF-02 electronic relay cause I'm running Thai front blinkers and the MNNTHBX fender eliminator. It works great!

Here's a vid of 1968joel's front led running light/blinker setup

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    does the CF13 JF 02 relay make the blinkers work? Instead of just staying solid? nice job though looks good!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromlin526 View Post
    does the CF13 JF 02 relay make the blinkers work? Instead of just staying solid? nice job though looks good!
    Yes the CF13 JF-02 works great with the Thai front blinker and LED rear blinker setup that I have. I have read that that the relay works with any kind of weird lighting combos. I chose the CF13 because it makes a clicking sound, I always forget to turn off the blinkers that's why and the clicking sound helps me notice that its on. The CF 13 plugs directly into the stock relay plug but you have to add a ground wire to it, the other model CF12ANL-01 is a direct plug in but doesn't have the audible click. Thanks to another member Brom for suggesting those relays.
    Brom likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic808 View Post
    Yes the CF13 JF-02 works great with the Thai front blinker and LED rear blinker setup that I have. I have read that that the relay works with any kind of weird lighting combos. I chose the CF13 because it makes a clicking sound, I always forget to turn off the blinkers that's why and the clicking sound helps me notice that its on. The CF 13 plugs directly into the stock relay plug but you have to add a ground wire to it, the other model CF12ANL-01 is a direct plug in but doesn't have the audible click. Thanks to another member Brom for suggesting those relays.
    Thanks for the credit. I like having the clicking sound because is always forget to cancel. But most of the time I only hear it when I get to a stop light. What you have is a nice and trick way to get running lights with the blinkers on a single filament bulb. I wish I thought of that.

Sponsored Links