New 2019 Grom owner…so much fun, but the seat had to go
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on New 2019 Grom owner…so much fun, but the seat had to go within the Grom Reviews, Rides and Impressions forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I moved out to the country and I used to spend over an hour getting out here to ride. Now all I have to do ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grandaddy Grommer

Thread: New 2019 Grom owner…so much fun, but the seat had to go

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer

I moved out to the country and I used to spend over an hour getting out here to ride. Now all I have to do is go to the end of my driveway and I’m on empty winding roads. That said I was not riding my big bike, I felt like I was launching a ship every time I took it out. The weight of the thing (I’m old) and so on and then to cruise around 30-35 miles an hour sucked. I rode a friends grom and within four days I bought mine.
    What a fun little machine, I’m riding within 5 minutes of thinking about it. You leave your ego at the house and enjoy pure motorcycling. I can’t remember having this much fun on a motorcycle. I’m amazed at how it handles…like a motorcycle and not a scooter. After the first 15 minutes I noticed my boney ass was uncomfortable and after 45 minutes I was in pain! Why would they put a hump right where your tailbone sits is beyond me.
    $418. Later I have installed my new Corbin color matched saddle. It’s a bit stiff but they say it will soften up after about 1000 miles. It’s not like sitting on a recliner even though it cost as much, but it keeps me from sliding on to the gas tank or sitting on the passenger area.... it’s way better than the stock seat. There were plenty of cheaper seats available, I was fearful of spending money in Thailand and being stuck with a lame saddle. I recomend the Corbin...they customize the stitching, material, and color. If I can’t figure how to post a picture here there are few in my albums, please excuse my bags on the back of it… in the market for vagabond fender eliminator/ luggage rack.
    Previous bikes
    In 1971 - a used Yamaha 90 sold
    In 1972 - a new 72 Honda 100 sold
    In 2006 - a new 05 Harley deuce sold
    in 2011 - a used 06 Honda VTX 1300c sold
    2018 my Honda Grom KEEP!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -5ddf5b91-2cbd-4318-b6c6-9ecccca9e545.jpeg   -ebaa8959-e0eb-43de-9cab-e6fd87f9e9e4.jpeg  
    terje likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The stock seat on a second gen Grom is like some medieval torture device. I installed a seat concepts tall boy foam and seat cover kit per the recommendation of another forum member here. The best $195.00 I've ever spent on a motorcycle! Now my old boney butt is happy.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    $195. Is a lot better than the $418. To my door, I spent on the Corbin...but your so right the seat was unbearable...what’s your comfort worth. It’s to late for me but do you have a pic of your seat set up?
    Last edited by Grandaddy Grommer; 09-24-2018 at 03:50 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I actually just got my seat concepts seat on last weekend, it made a world of difference! This is the stock foam beside the seat concepts foam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -c16416e9-d02a-4cc8-b87d-57d2553aa37e_1537839713102.jpeg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    That looks like it will do the job, I probably would have been afraid to recover it myself...but to save a couple hundred bucks I might have. Maybe it will save someone else’s butt And wallet

This user has no status.

Member #
    It is fairly easy if you have a small compressor and cheap HF stapler.

Sponsored Links